iOS 14 Significant Impact to battery life.

I’ve noticed a significant impact to the battery life of my 11 Pro since installing iOS 14. I would average approximately 15 to 20% remaining end of day With average use. Post install I’m seeing between five and 10% remaining end of day.

Average use is approximately 5 to 6 hours per day with non-charge time of 10 to 14 hours.

It’s also safe to note that I’ve noticed a significant increase in the heat output of the back of the phone since installing iOS 14. Enough to become discomfort while in pocket.

Replies

Same here. Phone is running insanely hot and burning thought the battery. Power off for 10 minutes did not resolve the problem. I do notice the issue happens more often when I'm on a call using air-pods or a Bluetooth headset. Though from the battery health report It looks like Fordpass precise location is possibly the culprit. Just disabled it, time will tell.
Having the same issue. I believe one of the biggest issues are apps running in the background draining resources. I have apps that I had no issue prior to 14 update and now I’m seeing 1 min screen and 5-9 hours background.
Iphone 6s playing mixcloud on bluetooth + charging battery gets extremelly hot. Unplug and drains quickly. This was not the case on the ios13. All widgets disabled
Same issue here.
I even have to replace the battery due to dried caused by excessive heat comes after update IOS 14.0.1
Wifi signal also weak and keep loosing.
Very awful!

Apple, please fix the issues!
I have a iPhone 7 Plus that had worked flawlessly, until I updated to 14.0.1. I unfortunately was warned to late by a friend who did and her 7 crashed and she lost thousands of contacts and pictures..
  1. 0.1 is a disaster. It is like a cancer on your phone. You will start to have little delays with your phone and applications. Then applications will stop working well, then not work much if at all. You will not be able to refresh applications and like this morning my applications will not even update.

I worked with apple tech support for two hours and they told me it is a battery issue. I am at 82%.

Options look to be. A new battery to see if that actually works. My guess is apple needs to fix the 14.0.1. I like my apple products and have iPhones and iPads. This issue is causing me to rethink it..

I guess Apple thinks we are dumb when they program phones to crash. Hummm, sounds like a potential issue for Apple..

I would like to hear other thoughts...
I have been having the same problem after updating to iOS 14 too. Before updating I had minimum of 6-7 hours of screen on time and after updating it was down to 2-3 hours of screen on time.

also my battery percentage was 89% and after updating the device was getting so hot and now it’s in 84%.

the update is killing my phone and they need to send a bug fix ASAP.
iphone 6s get extremely hot all the time while connected to change. Even after reaching 100% battery. Never happened before update iOS to 14.0.1. Also battery drains a way faster then before iOS update. Apple, you have to fix it ASAP!
I'm wondering if anyone from apple is reading this thread.
Apple, I was about to buy new Iphone 12 pro anyway, you don't have to slow down my old iphone 6s plus :)
After the IOS 14 update, I noticed my phone being extremely hot and the battery draining so fast. I use the phone on average 4-5 hours a day, I have to charge my phone at midday and then it takes forever to charge because the phone is so hot. I got the 11 pro max for the long battery life, now Apple has taken that away. Never had any of these issues before the update.

Apple, please find a bug fix quickly!!
I’m trying to reply to the comment just below on how hot my iPhone XR is after the 14.0.1 update on 10/2020. I just sat on my bed and my mattress was very warm from my phone!!! What the heck is going on here? Aren’t these software updates tested???? This is the first time I’m considering not upgrading to an iPhone when I’m ready to change my plan. Why release a untested upgrade? And my battery keeps draining. Such a cluster F.
I am having the same issue with iOS 14 phone heat up and battery won’t charge all the way and discharges even when not being used. I close all apps and no help. This seems to happen when they start selling a new model. I didn’t use Apple products for year because issues like this. I hope this gets fixed soon.😣
i have an iphone 11 pro max for a year now. And since last ios update i had experienced the same battery issue but my phone still at 90% peak
ever since I have updated my IOS To 14.0.1 my phone has been heating up so much so That It hurts even To hold It . The battery gets drained even Though I am not using my phone . we need a fix as soon as possible PLEASE !!!
Excessive battery drain after installing IOS 14. I unpaired my iwatch then reset and restored my 11XR from icloud backup. Then paired i watch as normal. The whole process took less than 20 minutes and fixed the excessive battery drain. Hope that helps your situation.
I have a corporate iPhone 7S which is only 1 year old. Prior to installing iOS 14, I could leave my phone plugged into the USB port of my PC and have it trickle charge while I worked and while I was on conference calls over bluetooth. Since installing iOS 14, as soon as I plug into the USB port of my PC, the batter percentage begins to DROP drastically; faster than if I were to not have it plugged in at all. When the battery gets to 20%, the charge cable appears to hold the life at 20%. It will fluctuate between 19% and 21%. I have observed this for 2 straight weeks while I've struggled with this issue. I have never left work to go home with more than 20% of battery life even though it has been plugged in. Turning on or off battery optimization makes no difference. I have tried different USB ports on my PC with no difference. Before the iOS update, I didn't have this issue. If I plug into a wall jack, it appears to charge normally.