Invisible Text In Big Sur

I am having a problem where text in certain apps is invisible in Big Sur Betas 1 and 2. In Outlook, all email text is invisible. In Excel, all cell contents are invisible. In Firefox, all context menu text is invisible. Tried verifying fonts, etc. What is going on here?

Replies

I just downloaded Big Sur on Thursday. I was using Microsoft word and parts of my paragraph would just turn white. I could change it back to black but the issue wasn’t resolved. Not sure if it’s the same thing but it is highly annoying. Help?
Big Sur update, some text files open as blank files in Text Edit. From both Recents and Open. If I access the file directly from Finder I can see the text and it opens ok in Text Edit. I had moved the Relocated Items folder to Trash. Moved it back to desktop, same thing.
It is definitely the font choice. My file used Avenir and once I changed it to anything else and saved it, no problem.
found this and it worked fine: forums.macrumors.com/threads/any-way-to-disable-font-smoothing-in-big-sur.2267601/
I'm having the same issue with Helvetica/Arial in Outlook 365 on my iMac. More often than not, instead of text being invisible the characters will appear as boxes with question marks in them. It only affects text that is formatted to be Helvetica, Arial, or Sans-Serif with normal styling (bold and italic are not affected). The problem only affects emails I receive in Outlook as far as I can tell - if I open an HTML email in my web browser the text shows up fine. Thanks to another suggestion in this thread I discovered the workaround that I can read the garbled text by clicking the reply button. Kind of a pain, but at least it allows me to function. I really hope Apple fixes this soon.