iOS 14 SDK Changes

I cannot find a document that describes all of the iOS 14 SDK changes like deprecated and new methods or behavior changes. For example, the Android 11 preview page (developer.android.com/preview/features) has some code samples in it to show how to use those new features. Also, I can easily navigate between documents to see other Android 11 changes.

I just wonder if there is any document like this for iOS 14 or not? If yes, how can I see it?

Replies

Android is Android, iOS is iOS…

There is not such list (from Apple at least) of deprecated API.
Apple does not acknowledge the existence of backwards compatibility / support for old versions unfortunately. They always assume you’re starting from scratch targeting only the latest version. So from their standpoint there’s no need to talk about what has changed or how to adopt new APIs while still targeting older platforms.

It’s a long standing issue.
As noted, Apple tends to avoid documenting betas in that manner...things are too fluid - in the mean time, feel free to scan given API headers for comments.
Here is how to get there:
  1. At the top of this same page, click on "Develop"

2. Click on "Documentation"

3. Click on "Technologies"

4. In the dropdown, select a version to highlight changes

At this point, you should be able to scroll down the list, expanding each framework to see the changes (modifications, additions and deprecations).

Alternatively, you can directly navigate to a framework documentation page, and select one of the available options from the API changes dropdown. Example for UIKit:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit?changes=latest_major

Would software gathering Apple's API changes and presenting them to the teams so that they can mark them as "seen" or "acted upon"? In my experience that would have been useful, however, I am curious about your opinion.