After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

I am having the same issue and my battery life is significantly reduced.
same issue. brand new MacBook
  • Did you upgrade to Monterey?

Add a Comment
Same issue- just running 14th cycle so far.
Had a chat with the support staff. He cross checked the System Information Window and said, report is false.
Even though, it said 100% capacity, the condition is "Service Recommended".
I logged a feedback.

Anyway, battery monitor is showing 98% capacity!

This leaves me undecided if I should leave the beta program!
Same problem after installing Big Sur beta 3 (MacBook Pro bought on February 2020). Ive also noticed that apple mouse cannot be detected!
Same problem here, I think it may be a bug!
Same Problem here. But after reading all your reports, I can at least cancel my appointment at the genius bar...

I'm talking about a MacBook Pro 13" 2019 Baseline with 47 cycles on the battery.
Same here. MacBook Pro 16" from July 2020. It's definitely a Big Sur bug.
If you power off your computer and start it up while pressing "Command + Option + P + R", it will reset the PRAM and solve the issue. my MacBook Pro 16" has only 40 cycles and saying 98% now... but at-least its not saying service recommended.
I have the same issue too and my keyboard lights only light up slightly and it says full brightness and they can’t be going out because I just got my MacBook Air in oct 2019
same issue, but read that service recommendation was scary....... MacBook Pro 15, 2019 warranty started 30 oct 2019
Same issue here, brand new MBP 13" 2020 with like 6 cycles on the battery. Got scared for a moment, then found out I'm not the only one 😅
Pheww.. Just updated my new Macbook pro 15 inch 2017 to Big Sur, and had the same issue. Battery cycle count is 5 and battery health capacity shows 100%. Warranty till this year end.

Pls tell me its a Beta bug and nothing else 😅🙏🏼
  • * edited response;

• Thanks a lot Irfin ! I just did a PRAM reset and now it shows normal. ☺️

Pram reset didn’t worked for me.please help.
battery condition 100%,I think it’s a bug.should I remove beta software and install catalina Mac OS.
Pram reset worked for me but after restart it show a the problem again.
I have found this issue just today, my macbook pro 13 2019 baseline which is only 8 months old shows this error. This better be a bug. I am not ready to spend a fortune for something that shouldn't happen in the first place.
Add a Comment