After Installing MacOS Big Sur latest beta update, My mac is showing battery service required warning in battery Icon.

Hi, I installed and update the macOS Big Sur latest available beta and after installation is done, It is showing me battery service required warning in my battery icon, My mac is new and it's been hardly 5-6 months and used casually.
  • Is it the same with macOS Monterey?

Add a Comment

Replies

I am having the same issue with my 2019 MBP 13. Waiting for the next update to get this problem fixed.
Saw this issue as well and I was completely scared and shocked! Did a simple Pram reset and boom the issue went away. No need to get worried guys, its a pesky beta bug !
I've got this problem too (MBP2019 13" 2 ports)
  1. battery life is terrible, (battery goes down 10% in 20 minutes) barely lasts 3 hours

2. says battery service recommended but battery capacity is 98%

3. fans go absolutely crazy on even minimal tasks

4. keyboard brightness doesnt go as high as it used to

5. touchbar icons go green on startup

6. tried PRAM reset, but went back to service recommended after a restart

How do i go back to catalina without having a backup while wanting to keep my current files and applications?
Same problem (2018 mpb with brand new top case/battery).
Battery Information:

Model Information:
 Firmware Version: 901
 Hardware Revision: 2
 Cell Revision: 1876
 Charge Information:
 Charge Remaining (mAh): 371
 Fully Charged: No
 Charging: No
 Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5099
 Health Information:
 Cycle Count: 2
 Condition: Service Recommended
 Maximum Capacity: 100%
 Battery Installed: Yes
 Amperage (mA): -3256
 Voltage (mV): 10627

coconut battery 3.9 shows the battery as 40 years old!
Same issue here with new MacBook Pro 13" with 7 battery cycles and less than 1 month of use.

Reset also worked for me. Let's see what happen next.

Same problem here.

MBP 15 2018
  • 100% battery with 15 cycles, recommended maintenance message.

• Fans absolutely crazy on even minimal tasks.

• Touchbar icons go green on startup

I'm also facing the same problem. I am using Macbook Air 2020 with 3 battery cycles only. It's a brand new Macbook but still seeing this error for batter that Service recommended. If anybody knows how to fix it then let me know. Thanks!
Had the same issue running Big Sur (beta 3) on a brand new 2020 MacBook Air (i5/16GB/512GB). Zapped the PRAM on boot (Command-Option-P-R), and the message went away.
also happening to me, im using a 2020 MacBook Pro 13inch it says *SERVICE RECOMMENDED* on the battery icon.
Just updated to macOS Big Sur Developer Beta 4 and the problem seems to be gone
Same happening with me. I have the 2020 MBP with 4 ports. After installing the Big Sur Beta, my MBP's fans have been running like crazy. The battery dies so quickly and I also had the 'Service Battery' message but thats gone now. I bought my laptop about a month ago. I really hope the fans are fixed when the proper OS is released :(
I'm having the exact issue. Reset the P-Ram and It should go away.
Even in Beta 9 the issue persists. MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2015 with dedicated graphics.
My MBP 15" 2016 (4 ports) has the same problem and I do indeed think it's a bug that should probably be reported!

I installed macOS Big Sur beta shortly after its release and it had some obvious beta software issues but none that had something to do with battery, except that it ate battery for breakfast which was the reason I downgraded back to Catalina.

But yesterday I re-upgraded my MBP 15" 2016 to Big Sur beta 10 and boom - battery recommendations popped up! Resetting the SMC worked until I recharged my Mac after it went to sleep due to empty battery. Haven't tried to reset PRAM yet, but that's going to be the next step.

The only positive in my case is, that short battery life issues are gone with macOS Big Sur beta 10!

Same issue. MacBook Pro 15" 2016