App stuck "In Review" after "Metadata Reject"

My app stuck "In Review" for over a month.

I noticed that it happened after "Metadata Reject" and message from support "Your app’s review will require additional time".

Seems like nothing happens after that.

Already tried to re-submit, nothing helps. Support responds with a template.

Apple, is that normal? What is the reason that I my app can't go live?

In total more than 2 months left since I've first submit app for a review!
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Polinka Down vote post of Polinka
1.4k views

Replies

I’ve exactly the same issue and I’ve no idea what to do. I’ve changed only 4 images for App Store (no binary changes) and they frozen my update. I tried to re-submit, I’ve send them tons of emails, appeals - nothing. More than 2 weeks past. I don’t know what to do. I’ve no idea how to prepare the next update if they can’t review this one.
So I had exactly the same issue but my case’s solved now (“Ready for sale”). These tips could be helpful to avoid some inconvenience:
  1. After “Metadata rejected” don’t resubmit app! Try to explain everything what review team want to know in resolution center. If the status “Medatada rejected” or “In Review” not changing for long time you can contact to Apple and “Provide additional information”. They really can help to expedite review process.

2. “Developer rejected” is not good way if you want to get another review team or if you want to be placed on another queue. In my case it made review process slower because they send my app in the end of the queue after every resubmitting, so it would be better if you’ll just provide required information and will wait some time. If more than 10 days past without updating of status - contact to support.

3. Try to be polite. I know how Apple can confuse and sometime even pissing off because of automated replies but some of their supporters can really help. Just try to stay calm down.

4. The issues is not always about your app or your update if that’s happend. It depends on review team.