iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Just wanted to add that putting those two sims on an unlocked iPhone 11 running 14.4 also resulted in no data connection. The phone shows Hello Mobile 3G and data is not working.

Hi there,

I have been facing the same issue after upgrading my iPhone 8 to iOS 14.4. The mobile network is either very low or mostly it shows no service. The network shows up once or twice in a day but still I’m unable to receive or make calls nor receive any text messages. Whenever I place a call, the available network turns to no service. Tried consulting the apple support on this but they aren’t aware how to resolve this. They would just simply tell me to try rebooting or reseting the phone.

This issue of fluctuating 4G signals started around 6 months back for me when I had upgraded my iPhone 8 to iOS 14. Until the past two weeks the 4G was fluctuating but after installing 14.4 its even worse and shows as no service.
I, too, am experiencing the same issue with 14.4 on XS, two different phones. Any word from Apple or Hello Mobile?
Iphone 11pro, iOS 14.4, provider Vodafone UA. Issues with network too. I have installed 1 physical SIM and 1 eSIM in my phone. The issue occurs for the SIM card where cellular data (3G or 4G) is enabled. Issue happens periodically, can occurs several times per day. The signal bar can show 2-4 bars for related SIM, but it's not possible to receive or make calls, use mobile internet nor receive any text messages. If SIM has mobile data off - it's possible to make calls all the time. Rebooting helps. Switching on/off air plane mode - sometimes can help, but it requires 3-5 cycles of turning on/off. Manipulating with different cellular settings or resetting - doesn't help. Only switching off mobile data for related SIM helps.
Same issues here.. Iphone 12 mini, ios 14.5 Beta 2 (Updated to the beta because of this network issue but no use) , Airtel India - Issues when I'm using 4G. Now using as 3g/2g mode, so that I can receive the text messages/call. Frustrated.. My 1st iPhone... Facing issues from day 1.
Removing the VPN connection worked for us. Needs fixing of course.
Still the same ios 14.4 on iphone 11 pro max. Already 6 month using hotspot from another phone. Very hard and waste time to search gsm network with airplane on/off. After getting the gsm netrowk, even more difficult to get the 3g or LTE network. Very disappointed to apple can't solve the problem after 6 month. Maybe i will change the cellphone soon, not use apple product anymore.
Same thing here. Yesterday I removed Norton AV and for 1 minute I had connection but suddenly again the NO SERVICE message. I also have an old iPhone 5s and is working fine. I have a iPhone 8 Plus, IOS 14.4.1. Tried using another SIM card and same thing.
Besides the Norton AV, what other app could be bothering??.
Hi,

I am having the same issue with my IPhone 8.

I tried all the tricks and setting to reset the network but still facing the no signal and no Cellular data and it is persist in new version ( IOS 14.4.1) too.

Apple should immediately look in to this issue as it is impacting a large crowd.

Thanks,
Sandip

Hi... after I update IOS 14.4.1 i lost signal and data and I done do all things for fix this problem and now I can’t anymore use my iPhone please apple fix this ASAP I have work to do with my fon 😭
Hi,

I also have this problem. Just bought an iPhone X a month ago. Ever since I’ve installed iOS 14 it keeps saying “Cellular Data Not Subscribed To Data Network.” It worked prior to the update 2 weeks ago.

I have tried all of the following:

Called service provider
Reset network setting
Turn off/on airplane mode
Turn off/on cellular data
Hard reboot
Soft reboot
Reset content and data
Turn off/on roaming

My phone is practically useless now. Which sucks because I have to use it while working from home.
Same issue with iPhone 12 mini, location - Ukraine. 4g is very unstable and doesn't work in 90% cases, have to use 3g instead
After Installing Version 14.4.1 on my iPhone SE 2020, my mobile data became really slow, It takes around a minute to load a page, and can't load more than 1-2 photos. I tried to reset the network , restart the phone multiple times , insert sim again, but nothing helps. When its connected to the WiFi network it works fine. Please Look into it and fix it as soon as possible, because the phone is unusable as it is. Thanks!
Same problems as everyone else.
Perfectly if you need your internet and you cant use it. Left my second phone at home, because I forgot that this issue still exists 😣
Pls apple fix it
I have just updated my iPhone 11 to the iOS 14.4.2 last night and my phone suddenly stop working. It at first said I had no data and when I went into my mobile settings to check, it took me out and a pop up said there was no sim. I have checked my sim and everything. I don’t know what to do!!