iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
151k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Same issue here. IPhone 12 Pro. Have been working without issues until IOS 14.4. Now I only get 3G signal where I live. Switching to my android phone gives me 4G without any issues so there's definitely something going on with the IOS update.

No change going to latest 14.6.

[PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!!!! IF U OWN IPHONE 11, 11 PR, 11 PRO MAX, XR

Hi guys, I have be researching about this issue for a month now and I have had the same issues with my iPhone 11 Pro and due to my phone just being 2 months after expired date, I will need to pay RS 60,000 which is almost $850 more than 3/4 of the amount I paid for my phone, its is disastrous paying this amount in just a year, I request you to call apple support buy finding your country's number on this (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232) and tell them about this issue which is mostly happening in iPhone 11, 11 pro, 11 pro max and Xr mostly, clearly tell them this issues has manufacturing issues which is arising and we need a solution the more people will call the chances are higher for us to get our phones replaced, Tell them you know many people through apple forum having the same issue, only we can help ourselves, please like this comment for high reach

• Have you found any solution to this problem? I updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 14.5 since then I am getting no cellular network and phone displays “No Service”

Add a Comment

Same issue iPhone 12 Pro Max stated 2 hours ago when not on WiFi I cannot access the internet it’s as if the phone is not provisioned for mobile data toggling All promise didn’t work, just happened out the blue. IOS Beta 14.7 calls text work but no internet with 5G on/off auto LTE.

Same on SE 2020. I have also suffering same problem last 2-months.
Hope Apple will solve this issue ASAP.

Dang. I kinda cannot believe how many people are dealing with this issue. I have the same thing here. I have an iPhone 7 and it has been working great.

I got a notice that I needed to update my iOS software or the carrier settings would stop working.

I upgraded, and to my surprise, NOW the carrier settings don't work. I visited the apple store, and was told I needed to buy a new phone. Seeing how long this has been going on, how many people are dealing with this, and the lack of an update, it seems a bit like planned obsolescence. Would love an update to be able to use my phone again.

This is how I solved this problem. 

1. Reset the network settings
  2. Hard iPhone reset (press volume up once, volume down once and hold power button)
  3. Then remove the SIM card
  4. Use the phone until it turns off
  5. Put the SIM card back in while it is turned off
  6. Put the phone on charge
  7. Let it stand there till it boots up 

I hope this works out for you, I tried everything and nothing helped until I found this solution and it works, at least for me ...

I’ve been dealing with this problem for some time, yesterday I updated to the 14.7 RC BETA and have not yet in countered a problem with data going down which was happening to me on my iPhone 11 every few hours.. crossing my fingers apple patched this, so far so good……

I have the same issue with my iPhone 11 Pro after recent 14.7.1 updates. No service for cellular data. I tried all the trouble shooting steps and none of them work.

i contacted Tmobile and nothing wrong in their end. Anyone has any luck on this bug?! My phone can only function on wifi now. thanks!

• I have the same issue just happened last night. you should contact to apple support If it is in warranty period. Maybe the problem is hardware inside.

• I had this issue last week and it seems to be corrupt sim card after the upgrade to 14.7.1. After changing the sim, issue got fixed. planning to switch to esim to avoid such issues in future.

• Even i am facing the same issue i thought it might be the issue of the sim but i got a new sim and still the same even changed the provider and still the same. Apple please look into this issue and help to resolve it ASAP as we are missing our important calls due to this. And its not one of issues. So please consider it as high priority.

Add a Comment

I had the same issue show up on iOS 15. Been through all the forums and seen the same stories. Long story short, I took it to an apple store and they ran a diagnostic and found issues with the hardware. They replaced my phone and it’s now working great. iPhone 11 Pro running AT&T eSIM and Verizon SIM card.

I have the same problem and had to go to back to using my wife's pink iphone from 2016. How can I revert the IOS version. They have to give an option to go back to previous version of IOS. BTW, my phone is Iphone 11 pro max. Is this scheme by Apple to force some users to buy new one?

• I had this problem with my iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14 beta, back at the beginning of the year. I have no way of knowing if it was the beta software causing problems, but the eSIM would not work. AT&T could not get any eSIM to work, even with a new SIM. They removed the e-sim programming and it has continued to work with just the SIM all year. I got an iPhone 12 Pro Max in Feb and had no trouble with SIM/eSIM until this week, when on Tuesday, I went to zero cellular signal on both.

I took it to an Apple store today and they ran diagnostics on it and said all hardware was fine, sent me to AT&T. They replaced SIM and eSIM, and could not get it to work. Back to Apple, and they said they couldn't troubleshoot it with beta software on it. I authorized them to factory reset and go back to 14.7.1, which they did, and when it rebooted, it would not set up the cellular service at all. They said that they can't do a repair if diagnostics doesn't register an error, but that they could clearly see something was wrong. Authorized the repair anyway, then said that the diagnostics system had flagged it as needing to be mailed in for repair. They gave me a loaner phone to use while it's being repaired.

So here I am, two back to back phones with cellular service issues, both developing while running beta versions. Either it's an oversight in the beta software development that is really corrupting something, or it's poor implementation of the dual SIM that eventually craps out. Or we're all just extremely unlucky...

Add a Comment

I have an Iphone X and since the latest ios 15 update my signals for phone suddenly went off and since then it’s of no use. Tried inserting the sim in other phone working perfectly and have tried resetting network and factory reset as well it is of no use. Please let us downgrade back to ios 14 or provide a solution. Sim is really important nothin Can be done with out it. I’m really sick of this bug. Missed many important meetings and calls due to this bug. Apple’s quality is deteriorating day by day. Really disappointed. Provide some solution pls??

Hi, I’m also having the same issue with my mom. She has an Iphone 11 Pro, went to the Apple Store and they told her it was a hardware error and that she had to buy a new phone. I can’t believe that it’s been a year since this forum started and Apple has done nothing to solve this issue. My mom was literally one month off the guarantee. And ok, phones can fail, but it is not possible that Apple does not provide a solution to this issue. My mom really takes care of her things, her phone is like new, and we cannot afford to buy another one now. It is so frustrating for me and for her.

Have any of you guys tried the different solutions provided in this forum? Did anything work for you? Please keep us updated!

• Hi I am also having this issue. I just updated to 15.2.1 in hopes it would correct the problem that I believe started when I first upgraded to 15. My issue will clear if I restart my phone. But, I never know how long it will last. All the methods mentioned by others restore the service. When is this going to be acknowledged by Apple and provide a resolution? If I need to buy another phone to correct this issue it will not be an Apple!

Add a Comment

same thing here, my iphone X have no cellular data, no signal.

I tried reset all, and it didn't work. just tried to erase all, now it won't activate, and I can't even do a back up restore.

scheduled an apple store repair visit tomorrow, see how it goes.

Same problem here (Germany) with my iphone 11. It's already iOS 15.4 and EXACTLY the same problem persists. Unbeliavable. Data works for 2 minutes after turning on and off the airplane mode and that's it. Signal gone again.

I had the problem with the iPhone 11 Pro Max after an iOS 14 Update. i tried everything including full file restore and new sim. After toggling flight mode it was working for a while and then stuck with edge/2G and nothing was loading anymore. Sometimes it was going back to 4G and sometimes it stuck until restart or toggling flight mode. Apple did not help. Genius Bar refused any help because it was already a few months out of warranty. The only thing Apple offered me was 390€ for a 1360€ iPhone as a trade in for my new iPhone 13 Pro Max. I had to take it because it had no other chance. As long as I don’t know what is wrong with the phone I couldn’t sell it to someone else…