Big Sur Beta 5 Constant Kernel Panics

Have not had issues with any of the previous Big Sur betas. Updated to beta 5 and my system is now completely unstable. Seeing constant kernel panics seemingly due to endpointsecurityd. I have attached a kernel panic log.

Replies

Same here. Everything was working perfectly fine with beta 4. I’m able to login, but then I get a kernel panic shortly thereafter and macOS restarts. Installing a fresh copy now.
Similar here. I found that an NFS read request will immediately cause a kernel panic and reboot. I re-installed beta 5 and now in addition Safari crashes at launch. Safari Technology Preview and Chrome do however still work. Additionally Xcode crashes when you display Devices and Simulators.

Additional: The release notes mention there were 2 Beta 5 downloads. A "big"one and a "smaller" one. Oh-crap. I erased my disk and re-installed. Still having the Safari crash at launch, nfs now works, and I'm downloading the beta 5 Xcode again.

I also have this same issue. I am able to boot into safe mood and run but the machine is running extremely slow.
I tried installing a fresh copy, as I'm experiencing the same as all of the above. A fresh install did not help.
I’m getting the same here. Kernel panic 30-60secs into boot up. Safe mode seems to be more stable but not a long term solution.
Same issue with my 2019 MacBook Pro 16. Beta 1-4 was solid! Safe mode stays up, but so slow! PRAM reset did not help. Neither did turning off all Spotlight check marks (tried that as it was the highest CPU process before the mac rebooted).
Same issue here. Has anyone found a work-around? Tried re-installing twice - nothing. No issues w/Beta 1-4. Safe mode works but really choppy.
I am having the same issue here. Tried re-installing the OS and does not solve the problem.
Same issue!
Do you have Norton installed?
I have noticed that Norton 360 does not even start. The uninstall process did not complete, so I can't verify if it is still running, but the installer does not run as well - it crashes.

So, after trying a bunch of things, I was able to recover by doing the following:

1. boot recovery (Command-R)and completely erase the drive

2. disconnect any time machine backups

3. restart and do internet recovery (Option-Command-R)

4. install the default OS for your hardware (I ended up with El Capitan, sheesh)

5. work through installing OS updates (for me, Catalina, and then Big Sur) until you are back to Big Sur Beta (it installed 4, luckily)

6. assuming you have a backup (which of course you do, right?), use migration assistant to restore your account(s)

7. Turn off auto update and DON'T update to Beta 5.

Same thing on the MacBook Pro 17 A1707. I have halted the upgrade on the other Macbook.
Do you guys have Norton running?
The installer does not even starts...
Same here. MacBook Pro 16 2019 would boot, then stop during software loading, freeze, fan power surge and cut off from endpoint security kernel panic. Tried reinstall, recovery mode install, and safe mode. No kernel panic in safe mode, but any reinstall would result in same situation. Had to go into recovery, erase my hd, and install Catalina. Never had any problems with Beta 1 - 4.
Same issue here with Big Sur beta 5.
  1. Get to login screen and log in.

2. Progress bar get's part of the way and then the Mac book reboots.

3. When trying to log in with safe mode, the reboot happens even faster.

Is anybody at Apple even looking at this? This is pretty embarrassing and frustrating!