Command Lines Tools beta being offered when Beta Xcode 12 Not Installed

On production Catalina Version 10.15.6 (19G2021) with Xcode 11.6 (11E708) installed, Xcode-select ver 2373 and Command Line Tools for Xcode 11.6 installed.

Receiving Software Update "Command Line Tools beta 5 for Xcode 12.0" which will break things. This update cannot be ignored and I had to disable automatic updates to avoid it being installed.

Apple, this happened with beta 3 previously and it was fixed but the problem continues. Please do not distribute beta updates for developer tools that are not installed. Irregardless if we are developers who have installed betas on different Macs. It's annoying.

Replies

I can confirm this
any solution?
I have this problem too! The weird part is that I am not enrolled in beta program, but the developer tools beta 5 got installed anyways and it messed up my work space. It took me a few hours to roll everything back.
me too!
Just run:
softwareupdate --ignore "Command Line Tools beta 5 for Xcode"     

Ignored updates:

(

"Command Line Tools beta 5 for Xcode"

)
Following this. I also got offered this update today & manually ignored it through the command line. I am using Xcode 11 & not the beta. Is the beta actually the most supported & tested version, should I be habitually updating to beta Xcode versions to avoid this problem?

Still an issue

As of this morning (09/03/2020). X Code app version is 11.7 (stable) and CLT version is 2373 running on Catalina 10.15.6. This is super annoying!
Some programs have broken down or stopped building after this update. I am not enrolled...

I use the stable version and do not expect a BETA version of the program on my computer that breaks so much. Please remove it from the recommended updates.
Got this same error, and now when using ignore from SW updates there's a message the option is deprecated.
Ignoring software updates is deprecated.
The ability to ignore individual updates will be removed in a future release of macOS.

Does anyone was able to fix this?