'cyclone' is not a recognized processor for this target (ignoring processor)

Building and running a SpriteKit game on iPhone simulator starts up and after did move to view, I get this error and app abends with illegal instruction.

Xcode beta 5, Big Sur beta 5

Apple Silicon

Anyone else seen this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Robby Down vote post of Robby
5.6k views
  • I had set the preferred rendering api to openGL for compatibility with my old MacBook when in the simulation environment. Which caused the error you had in the new M1. I removed this override and the error is gone.

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm seeing this on an M1 MacBook Pro with Xcode running the iOS 14 simulator. I get a crash in some OpenGL code that runs fine on Intel simulators and on device and am not sure if it's related.
Same story for me. I use GPUImage lib and it crashes on iOS 14 simulator with Xcode 12 and M1 MacBook Pro :(
I'm seeing it when calling glDrawElements() but not SpriteKit, so it looks like it has to do with the OpenGL implementation, rather than SpriteKit itself? Also Big Sur, also M1 MBA.
same error. M1 macbook pro. does anybody know how to fix it?

I finally got my M1 MacBook Pro and now I can't debug on the simulator anymore because of this.

• Crashes in OpenGL drawing
  • M1 MacBook
  • MacOS Monterey

I have another OpenGL app which works fine and the only significant difference is that the working app renders directly through GLKit while the one that crashes uses SceneKit in OpenGL mode.

The iOS 13 simulator works fine on Apple Silicon. This broken OpenGL ES support is in the iOS 14 and iOS 15 simulators on Apple Silicon.

I have reported the issue as FB9778409. I am hoping the Apple response is not just to remind us that OpenGL is deprecated. I imagine that there is still a fair amount of OpenGL use out there, and I think the effort required to unbreak this in the ARM simulator is not much.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of MafV Down vote reply of MafV
  • Hi! Any updates on the issue you reported?

Add a Comment

So this effects just the simulators? The apps will still work on iphones/ipads?

Also, FB9778409 has been removed, so I guess that is Apples response. 😡

I'm getting the same error when compiling project with Xcode 14 Beta 1 on M1 Pro.

Maybe a solution for this :

Each time I got this error on Simulator or Physical Device, if I switch to the opposite architecture, real build errors appears.

When they're fixed on the switched architecture, I can finally switch back to the desired one.

It seems like Xcode keep some uncleanable cache somewhere. Or, another time, maybe Xcode is just not available to point the correct error.

Got the same error on M1 in the simulator :(

Does anyone know how to fix it?

The problem went away when I switched to using the Metal renderer for Google Maps: GMSServices.setMetalRendererEnabled(true)

• This solved the problem for me. Thanks

• Perfect

Add a Comment