No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

Same issue here with kenwood wireless CarPlay unit and iPhone 11 Pro max

Hello to you all,

I have the same problem apple watch 5 and iphone 12 pro, when i conect to apple carplay i can receive incoming call on my watch.
I have to disconect the iphone make a restart and then it works.

best regards and for when a solution
The same with two sets of series 5, 11 pro and BMWs with wireless carplay. Anyone tried 14.3 beta?
The same situation with AW series 6, XS Max and BMW MINI '18 with wireless carplay. It is very annoying.
Suddenly this problem has been changed for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I can’t find any special activities connected to this when this appears. I haven’t restarted the phone and somehow the AW rings. But suddenly it doesn’t work again. This happened after upgrade to IOS 14.2 and AW 7.1.
To Matli78:
in my case, if I sit in the car for a couple of minutes until it completely turns off, afterwards AW may ring or may not, I would say probability is 50/50.
if I quickly jump out of the car after parking, as I usually do, AW will not ring 100%.
I finally know what is going on my apple watch because there is an issue with my 19 bmw wireless carplay. I was tired to restart my iphone11 for getting phone call using my watch but my wife has 19 MDX never had any issue with phone call on her phone and watch. I wondered why??? Now I know.
WHY APPLE IGNORES??
DO THEY EVEN TRY TO SOLVE IT?
I also have a BMW with wireless CarPlay and have been having the same problem of my watch not ringing. I’ve also just upgraded phones to the 12 Max and completely reset my watch as a new watch and without even getting in the car and.... it STILL doesn’t work!! This has been extremely frustrating and doesn’t seem to be related to CarPlay or any one particular thing... this is pretty fundamental functionality and I’ve spent hours trying to solve it with no success. Apple PLEASE HELP!!!
Same issue here, bought a 12 pro today and got a new Apple Watch SE and still have the same problem from before. How is Apple not seeing this issue?!
Same problem! Tried to disable / enable CarPlay after I've exited the car and also switched on/off Flight Mode in hope of finding an interim solution (using Shortcuts to do the above automatically) but the only thing that helps is a reboot of my Iphone. Then everything works until my next drive.
I got a BMW 5-Series 2019 using wireless CarPlay.
Can't seem to find any updates for CarPlay or iDrive at BMW either.
I've got same issue. iPhone 11 pro, Watch 5 and a BMW with wireless Carplay. After phone reboot everything works until the phone next connects to Carplay.
I found something that works for me! BMW 5-Series.

Turn off engine. Press menu to leave CarPlay. Hold the volume-knob to power off the iDrive system. Exit car!

Doing that makes my Iphone and Watch work as intended.

So this issue is definitely related to wireless CarPlay, maybe even specifically in BMW.
If you just turn off the engine and exists the car, it's like the Iphone never gets the "CarPlay-off-signal" and still thinks it connected somehow, disabling certain Watch notifications as per design.
I have the same issue with an Alpine ILX-107 radio, iPhone 12 pro (14.2.1), and Series 4 Watch (7.1).
It only happens when connected wirelessly to the radio.
If I disable wireless Carplay on the radio and phone and connect the phone with a USB cord to the radio, my watch will ring after leaving the car.
I have not found any way to make the watch ring after a wireless Carplay connection other than a power cycle of the phone.
Same problem. iPhone Xs, Apple Watch 6, BMW CarPlay. Have to restart phone.
Same issue here:

iPhone 11 Pro
Apple Watch Series 4 GPS
Headunit Keenwood with wireless CarPlay.

Issue starts with iOS14. I tried 14.3 beta 2, but no luck. I have to restart the phone to receive phone calls in Apple Watch.

Hope Apple can fix the issue soon.