No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

Same issue here
iphone 11 pro ios 14.2
watch 6 os7.1
after carplay connection with mini cooper no incoming calls to watch.
Very frustrating i hope apple will post a fix on next update.
Same problem here in Mexico. Although I connect to Apple Carplay by cable, my Apple Watch does not recive call notifications after. I have an iPhone 12, AW SE and my car is a Mazda 3 2020. Hope Apple fix this issue soon. It is frustrating!!
Same problem here. While I was on the phone with Apple Support I found this forum. I was able to work around the issue by turning off CarPlay (2018 BMW). Now my watch shows the incoming call notification. Then tried it with CarPlay back "on". It still works. I suspect that next time I connect to my car I will lose the incoming call notification to the watch. Bug report has been filed.
same issue on my iphone 12 and apple watch.... it's just making me crazy and no meaning for using apple watch now.... why Apple hasn't solved this issue.... totally unacceptable issue on Apple products
I'm on iOS 14.3 RC, and the bug is not fixed. Please Apple....
It's not BMW only, the problem is with any Apple CarPlay on wireless connection, if you delete the CarPlay from your Bluetooth devices on your iPhone your Apple watch ring just fine - BTW this is IOS 14 problem it has been like that since they released IOS 14.0
I have no idea how no-one in Apple using wireless CarPlay and Apple watch hasn't noticed that problem, this is something that should've been fixed during the betas.
I hope Tim C. reads this.......
I have had an issue going on with Apple support since upgrade to IOS14 (september). I have been testing, logging, sending bug reports, having about 20 calls with Apple support with new requests for logging and sending reports and so on. I have spent many hours on this and this week they said they can´t do anything more with me but they have realised that this is a big issue world wide and they are working on it. I really hope for a solution, it´s really anoying not be able to use Carplay and AW together.
Just stumbled into this problem as well. Exactly what was described. If CarPlay is not turned on the iPhone, the Apple Watch continues to take phone calls. If CarPlay is turned on via the phone, the Apple Watch no longer takes calls. Power cycling just the phone will fix the issues until CarPlay is synced again.

2018 BMW.
Same issue here. Apple Watch OS 7.2, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.3, BMW 330e with CarPlay
My wife has also the same problems with an BMW X3.

This problem exists since Apple Watch OS 7!

Apple, maybe you could finally solve the problem. Your stuff is so expensive, a little support can't hurt!
Same issue here too.
iPhone 11 Pro Max, Series 5 Apple Watch. Both with latest OS versions.
Wired CARPLAY in my 2020 Honda Accord Touring.
I have to reboot my phone after leaving my car, everytime.
Please fix.
Same issue. iPhone 12 and BMW 2021 X3. If i turn off Bluetooth and toggle back on after leaving car, and toggle off/on Calls on other Devices within the phone menu, the Watch receives phone notifications.

Does not work here either. iPhone pro max 12 and watch se. The car is 2020 Mercedes with wireless carplay.

Quite interesting that a bug this big does not get solved.. CarPlay is great to have, but one of the most important features for me is that I receive the calls also to my watch. Now I am not able to use CarPlay, which was quite important when getting a new car. Expensive new gear which does not work.

Also, when I contacted support, they were totally unaware of this..
Just discover a new bug related whit this. After disconnect CarPlay, can't receive calls on Apple Watch and can't use the walkie talkie... when somebody try to send me a Walkie Talkie message, I only receive a Facetime audio (null) call on my iPhone.
with the latest iOS 14.4 beta 1 release this is fixed for me! :-)

Please Marcink, confirmed? You connected the iPhone to Wireless CarPlay and after that, calls are still working on Apple Watch?

I can't update to 14.4 beta right now, because I'm in touch with Apple Technical Support for this bug, and they only give supports for officials releases.