No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

It seems that Apple has solved the problem after upgrading to IOS 14.4 and watchos 7.3 beta 2
Sorry to say guys, this issue still exists.

Spent over an hour with apple support last night with no result. I have an apple watch 6, iPhone 11 and a brand new Dmax which I cannot wirelessly connect to without upsetting my watch.
Basically have resorted to switching off the Bluetooth and using an old fashioned cord!

Pull your finger out apple support and post a fix for this long standing Bug!
Tried iOS 14.4 beta2 and watchOS 7.3 beta 2, and this problem isn't fixed.
This issue started for me a couple of months ago after an apple watch update and it's STILL not fixed. Downloaded both beta updates, still hasnt changed. Pretty ridiculous that apple lets big problems like this exist for so long before they finally fix it. I'm using a iphone 12 pro max and series 5. Restarting the phone will fix the issue only until you use apple carplay again.
Tried iOS 14.4 RC, and it seems to be fixed. I have to try a little bit more.
EDIT: Bug still existing with 14.4 RC. Shame!
I have the same issue with iPhone 11 Pro Max and AW6.
I have noticed that when this happens to me it also won't ring calls on my iPad or my Mac when I'm working there either. It seems like it basically just disables the Calls on Other Devices feature after connecting to carplay and it never re-enables it.
Confirmed still not working. I thought one of the beta versions was more reliable than the release candidate. 14.4rc is 100% unreliable.

Apple needs to work with cell providers to waive the monthly fees on devices that are buggy and not working.

Shame on you Apple. Don’t advertise your watches are cellular if they require users to always reboot their iPhones after exciting the vehicle to get them to work again.
I don’t understand why Apple does not even announce whats going on the issue. They surely know the issue but never update any single mention over half an year. This is truly ridiculous worst customer service by them.
experiencing this issue on my 12 pro max and watch series 6. ios 14.3 and watch os 7.2
Yep - just updated to iOS 14.4 and WatchOS 7.3 ...and STILL not fixed!!!!!! 😫😫 When I turn off CarPlay my Apple Watch works fine... but as soon as I re-connect, my calls no longer show on the watch. This has been going on since iOS14 and is massively disappointing considering the basic functionality of the watch is being disrupted by the basic function of CarPlay. Why won’t Apple do something?? Surely they are aware of this given that it has been effecting people all over the world for so long now??!!
Why can’t they not fix this!?
Same Problem here with iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch 6. Using wireless CarPlay in a 2018 BMW 1-Series.
After IOS 14.4 update I've repaired Apple Car Play and now the call notifications are back! (Iphone 12 Pro Max, Apple Watch 5 and BMW 320 F31 2018)
PROBLEM NOT SOLVED
Just updated to iOS 14.4 and WatchOS 7.3

iPhone XS
Apple Watch 6
BMW MY2018