iOS 14 Spotlight Issues

Ever since the first iOS 14 beta, my Spotlight search results have been missing. This continues with beta 8.

When I search I get suggested websites, Siri knowledge, and dictionary, but no app name results, and no data results (ie I can't search my email or contacts).

I've tried a clean install to no avail.

Any ideas on how to get spotlight reindexed or rebooted?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of themexican Down vote post of themexican
9.5k views

Replies

XhashhssbxgsghauahZxysysvzvzvzg
iOS 14.4
no spotlight search results
no calendar search results
no search capability at all

tried all the “fixes” ...not fixed

so frustrating
I keep having this issue every time my phone updates ever since ISO 14.

To fix the issue Go to Settings, select General and select Reset All Settings.
It will not delete any information but will clear all usernames & passwords that automatically pop up on websites. But it doesn’t delete the usernames and passwords Saved to the phone.

In settings I have also turned my automatic ISO Updates off until they fix this problem because it’s quite frustrating to have to reset all settings every time my phone updates.

I hope this helps

• This worked for me. FINALLY. Thank you!

• Unfortunately this only worked for like 6 hours for me until the issue came back. Sad to see this issue is still here on iOS 15 betas 😔

Add a Comment

iOS 15 betas still have this issue. Sad 😢

Add a Comment

Same issue here for me with 14.6. This is very annoying.

I have iOS 15 beta 4 and I have the same issue. Someone has found some solutions?

The solution, while not optimal, is it turn off Passcode/FaceID. That’s what is breaking the Siri suggestions. When you have no passcode, the issue cannot be replicated and suggestions are working as intended.

And… on iOS 16 too. Thanks, Apple!

• Same! See my comment below

Add a Comment

Same issue, finally fixed it for me. Siri & Search in Settings Scroll down to apps, select Show app in search and Show content in search. Most of my apps were on, but some got turned off somehow. Hope that helps!

• Not helping. You just turn it on for some apps. Problem that Global Setting “show suggestions” crashes sometimes and there is no (zero) apps in search suggestions

Add a Comment

Just upgraded to iOS 16.2 yesterday, and all of a sudden this happens to my phone. Did “reset all settings” and force restart and other ways mentioned, none is working.