Xcode 12.0.1 Download more simulators runtime is empty

After I updated Xcode 12 to Xcode 12.0.1 I can't download simulators anymore. Under Preferences->Components, the list of Simulators is blank. How can I still add an iOS 13 simulator?

Accepted Reply

I deleted Xcode 12.0.1 and manually downloaded the new version 12.1 from the Apple website. Since then it works again.

Replies

I have this problem, too.
Did you try to reboot after updating Xcode ?
same here...
I have the same problem. Just updated today to 12.0.1. This was working in Xcode 12. I'm really, really appalled at how low the quality is with Apple's Dev tools these days, what with all the simulator crashes and the broken navigator views. Perhaps Apple should open-source Xcode so that we can fix their bugs for them.
I threw the 12.0.1 (12A7300) AppStore download into the trash, downloaded the 12.0 (12A7209) release from the Developer Downloads area (all 11.21 GB!) and I can see the simulators again. Also, pulling up the Developer Documentation directly from the Window menu does NOT crash the app. From other reports, this was only an issue with the AppStore download of 12.0.

Again, I ask what the heck is happening at Apple? The AppStore releases are sufficiently different from the direct downloads that I can't trust them. Build 12A7209 from the AppStore crashed when you brought up the documentation. Build 12A7300 "fixes" the documentation crash, but now removes the simulators. In the release notes, the only thing mentioned was fixing the documentation crash, but I'm assuming there have been 91 builds since 12A7209. It seems like fixedbugs / regressionbugs == Constant.
Having the same issue. Updated from 11.7 to 12.0.1 and need iOS 13 Simulators for the mean time.

Don't know if anyone has already reported it, but I did.
Same problem for me, no way to download 13.x simulators
If you check Xcode logs, you’ll find that downloads.developer.apple.com is throwing 403 Forbidden errors when you try to get the list of simulators, or try to download a symbols dmg.

Either Xcode 12.0.1 is using the wrong URL, or the server is misconfigured.

I’ve filed feedback (FB8748190) and encourage everyone to do the same.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Kris Down vote reply of Kris
I have this problem, too. hic
Yeah, currently facing the same issue as well.
Same problem here + "Spotlight crashed" almost each time I open an iOS 14 simulator. Logged as FB8753877 with a link to this thread.
Same issue here.
+1
Same issue here