Xcode 12.0.1 Download more simulators runtime is empty

After I updated Xcode 12 to Xcode 12.0.1 I can't download simulators anymore. Under Preferences->Components, the list of Simulators is blank. How can I still add an iOS 13 simulator?

Accepted Reply

I deleted Xcode 12.0.1 and manually downloaded the new version 12.1 from the Apple website. Since then it works again.

Replies

Same issue here.
Apple is going crazy day-by-day by giving such buggy updates.
Same problem
same issue and apple app review team is rejecting the build as they are getting crash on 13.7 and I'm not able to download 13.7 simulator to test.

Same here
It worked fine when I have downloaded Beta from the Apple developers. Since it was working fine, i downloaded the actual Xcode 12.0.1 from the App store. Then I am seeing this issue. I have to revert back to the Apple developers and download from there and see what happens
same here... arghh
Seems to be a bug. Somewhat inconvenient! Is it safer to get updates from dev.apple.com rather than App Store now!? *palm to face.
still not solved?
Same here after update to 12.0.1
same. No way to test with something else than iOS 14...
I am seeing this issue as well, looks like i am going to have to downgrade my xcode version
Also seeing this since 12.0
Me too. As a work-around, you can install from the command line. See the following SO post which uses xcode-install and xcversion:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34493934/how-to-install-ios-simulators-from-command-line

I used :

Code Block
gem install xcode-install
xcversion simulators --install='iOS 13.2'

Once downloaded and installed, all the simulators will appear in Xcode.