Why are breakpoints in Xcode not showing source code now?

I have recently started to experience the debugger not stopping at breakpoints and showing source files. Instead it shows the assembly instructions and it seems to have started happening for others on my team. I thought maybe it was a setting somewhere in our projects so I created a new project with unit tests and even it does not work normally.

The only recent change has been to do debugging with iOS 14 while using Xcode 11.3 due to still having some projects using Swift 4. We've copied the Device Support from the latest version of Xcode to run the app on the device.

I have also tried debugging with an iPhone 6s running iOS 12 and also with the Simulator while running unit tests. In every case on this Mac I am not able to get source files to be displayed when the debugger stops at a breakpoint.

And I have also tried running test unit tests for this project with Xcode 11.5. It also does not work.

What could be preventing it from working?

Accepted Reply

I got the answer from a co-worker. It was a setting which I did not change myself but I was able to change it back.

Under the menu: Debug > Debug Workflow check Always Show Disassembly to make sure it is not checked. This fixes the problem.
  • This helped me with this very issue. Thanks.

• Thanks @brennanAMZN, i am facing this issue from a long time. Fixed now.

Add a Comment

Replies

I got the answer from a co-worker. It was a setting which I did not change myself but I was able to change it back.

Under the menu: Debug > Debug Workflow check Always Show Disassembly to make sure it is not checked. This fixes the problem.
  • This helped me with this very issue. Thanks.

• Thanks @brennanAMZN, i am facing this issue from a long time. Fixed now.

Add a Comment