MacOS Big Sur Beta 10 - Youtube in Safari

Anyone else having problems to play youtube videos within Safari in the Big Sur Beta 10?

No matter what video I choose, it always states an error occured. Only happens since Beta 10.

Accepted Reply

Confirmed that "All you have to do is disable "Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 decoder", and then restart Safari" fixes the issue. Thanks, @Arun_Kudiyal.

Replies

yes, i have same problem, even i restart macbook, problem still exist.
but youtube on my firefox is playable.
Same problem, I got "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: xxxx...". No safari extension is installed.
I have the same problem too.
I had the same issue. Any video with that matter, YouTube, Netflix or any other, the video was not played in the Safari in this beta. On the other hand, the same video does play in other applications like Google Chrome and Firebox.
You can change this setting. All you have to do is disable "Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 decoder", and then restart Safari. This would help your videos work normally!
Good luck developers! 👍
Confirmed that "All you have to do is disable "Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 decoder", and then restart Safari" fixes the issue. Thanks, @Arun_Kudiyal.
How do i get "Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 decoder" option ??
@mnadhilf If you don’t see the Develop menu in the menu bar, choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select “Show Develop menu in menu bar."
I was having the same problem with my videos playing back on YouTube.. Thank you for the fix!
I did disabled the VP9 decoder and am still facing the issue
disabled the VP9 decoder but still same problem with Netflix but YouTube works fine

Thank you @Arun_Kudiyal , it's really works on Big Sur Beta 11.0
Thank you! Works for me.
We are also facing this issue, this is happening when we are using a Proxy client service which uses SystemExtension: AppProxyProvider for proxying traffic. If there is not proxy client in data path, YouTube streaming is working fine.
I just tried this workaround with the latest 11.1 build... and still no joy. Anyone else? Thanks!
I have the same problem on Big Sur however the problem has also popped up for me on Catalina and Mojave from time to time over the last few years. I tried disabling vp9 encoding as suggested but it didn't work for me.

The solution I have used in the past that worked and seems to always work is to kill the "coreaudiod" process via "Activity Monitor", allow it to automatically relaunch and wait a few minutes. If you kill "coreaudiod" and then loose all system sound you just need to wait longer and it will return.