Lag And Fps Drop in Iphone 12 pro in Pubg

Im having lag and fps drop in pubg in iphone 12 pro...pleasee fix this
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max here and gaming totally sucks on this thing. Older iphones performs better and this phone has been out for a while and new iPhones will come out soon and any game just sucks on it. Really hate the phone! I should have just kept my XS Max. Worst phone ever so far and apple doesn’t give a sht.

• 100% Agree, here we are a year later and my phone still lags out when I get notifications. I moved from an XS max as well and miss it every day

• I have fps drop issue too, have they fixed it? I believe it's a handwear issue!

Replies

I've experience the same thing with pubg and NBA2K, when you start playing it's smooth, but after 5 to 10 minutes it'll get hot,frame dropes and lagging, this get more worse if you plagged it on charge, I don't know why this iPhone 12 should be better on Performance than the previous ones, but it's the Opposite way!!

Facing the same issue. Specially after updating to ios 14.7.1 never faced these type of frame drops while playing cod mobile on my 11 pro. Thats why i am really disappointed after this lag thing started to happen on my 12 pro max specially when playing games. All i want to ask apple is that what is the point of launching a new phone every year if the newest’s performance is bad than the previous one!

Totally I’ve had an awful time with this horrible thing : first twice screen dimming circus for months where screen dimmed to near darkness , dragged phone to apple till eventually got a screen replacement which did NOTHING then couldn’t face this any longer just lived with the dimness of doom - now it’s started to increasingly often give “your iPhone needs to cool down” (?) which lobotomises it for minutes in use (?) now the frame rate sucks … this never was an issue before on any other phone there’s something fundamentally wrong with this thing no one appears to want to help with or acknowledge . Help 😞 it also gets boiling hot from not much use … finger irritating hot.

The screen dimming it seems to have done in a desperate attempt to compensate for heat now someone seems to have addressed the dimness by stopping that and instead frame rate drops / overheat alert which is worse . iPhone X was subjectively way more reliable… that you’re stuck with this without proper answer or help on the top device is saddening .

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but I was still having this issue on iOS 15 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Someone mentioned to turn off the picture in picture setting and that worked for me. No more lag in games and the interface.

Hopefully this works for others as well. Will report back if the issue returns.

• Try using Lte instead of 5G in cellular from settings. This fixed my FPS issue on my iPhone 13

• Hi. How do I locate the picture setting to turn off the picture? I have iPhone 8 Plus.

• I tried many things some did work but for one or 2 times huge difference when fps work fine but then it came back the way it was, i believe its more of a hardware issue the its just a software! I have another iPhone 12 pro phone headphone stopped working took it to Apple to find out that the screen was not compatible with the phone!!!! I was like really!!! that was a new phone, everybody take your iPhone 12 to apple for compatibility test while its under warranty.

Add a Comment

Came back to mention that it worked well for a couple hours after disabling Picture in Picture mode, but it is back to lagging again.

• Same I have the iPhone 12 pro max I originally had the iPhone XS Max. Ever since I bought this phone almost 6 months ago it is had the issue where it lags really bad when I notification comes up. In my experience it makes no difference what game you’re playing and if it does then it has been every single game that I have played on this phone. Which is quite a few games but at this point I can’t take it anymore I have gotten into multiplayer games more recently and it is completely destroying the game for me!! I tried the picture in picture fix and it did not work at all for me. I am currently on iOS 15 as well and it has done this on each iOS version since I have owned my phone!

Add a Comment

Hi Everyone,

I’m having the same issue when gaming on my iphone 12 pro max. Lag, fps drop and character stuttering which is very annoying and crucial when gaming. I have lost hope that it will be fixed on the upcoming ios updates. It just destroying the game specially for multiplayer.

contacted apple and they replaced the phone. However, the same issue occurs lag fps drop which is so frustrating and disaapointed at the same time as this was the top of the line phone! Never had issues on other iphones.

Gaming sucks in IPhones after 12. Lag,low fps, heating issues, sometimes mic and super low volume, gyro unresponsive and ghost touch happened many times while playing. Reset it but no luck.

I somehow managed to get my FPS normal. Try using the LTE instead of 5G from the cellular in settings. Hopefully this will be fixed in future..

It's a hardware issue! Apple need to replace the phones for us and honor the company reputation!!!!