Iphone 12 won't open any app and can't restart.

I was using my iPhone 12 and all of a sudden no apps can be opened and the phone cant restart.
  • I had just installed (including a migration from an old iMac) a new iMac with the latest software and backed up my iPhone12 to the Mac I left the iPhone attached to the iMac. when I came back the phone told me the SIM card was locked. It wouldn't, however, let me put any numbers in and I kept getting fast acoustic messages about the keys I touched on the screen, a feature I had activated for the iMac!. The phone had previously been activated for face recognition, the iMac for finger print. I did the side button combination (top left, quick; bottom left, quick; right longer and the Power off motive lights up but doesn't work. This can be repeated without being physically connected to the iMac. My phone and now my IWatch are not seen by my IMac although they were a few hours before. What on Earth is happening here? I see here no rhyme nor reason.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hey! Ive just had the same problem. I am answering to that question later, but I hope if anyone sees it and has the same problem - none apps can't be open by touching the icon or turning off the iPhone, here is my solution. I just clicked the buttons for volume up and down and the button for turning off the iPhone together and waiting for around 30 seconds, it just went black and there was a circle loading and then it all went off. I clicked the turn on button and when it turned on, everything was okay. I hope it works for you too, guys! :)

• We just spent 45 minutes at the Apple store running all the diagnostics. None of the social apps would work on my kids’ 12s. The guy found nothing wrong.

He said to ask my phone carrier to verify the data SOC codes are correct. TMobile tech support found missing codes. She corrected the issue and now both 12s are finally working again. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Spotify. All working.

Add a Comment

none of my apps will open

Please fix my iPhone 12 mini please

In my case, apps would not load but I was able to restart the iphone 12 without difficulty. The apps would not load still after several restarts of the phone.
I tried the solutions offered here without success--Apps would not load. Resolved finally when I found that I had a VPN connected and then disconnected the VPN.
Once the VPN was not connected, the Apps immediately loaded and worked normally.

I have been having the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro for awhile now. In addition to the screen freezing, unable to open any apps or restart the phone, I cant even swipe up The app just get stuck in the middle of the screen instead of closing when swiped to close. Apple has been very unhelpful. I have had to rest my phone to factory settings a couple of time. When i had the beta ios, i kept reporting the issue to via the feedback assistant because the support team could resolve the issue and never got any response back. I was actually at the apply store today and the same old fix of resetting to factory setting was done but the issue occurred not long after that . Complete waste of my time. It is getting extremely frustrating to use the phone. Very disappointed to say the least.

• Alexis_Phipps04's solution works for my iPhone XR. Step 1: Press volume up button, release quickly; Step 2: Press volume down button, release quickly; Step 3: Press side-button

Add a Comment

I recently have the iphone 12 pro max and it is having a problem where its frozen on the lock screen on a tab and it wont let me power off my phone or get into any other apps. Iphone has been giving me so much problems and its getting ridiculous. I would expect a 12 pro max to be a good phone and better but clearly not. Trying these techniques are not helping me at all. I would like to know why this is happening.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

It's certainly troublesome when your iPhone 12 stops responding and you can't open any apps or restart the device. A useful first step is to perform a force restart; this doesn't erase any data but can often resolve issues when the phone is unresponsive. For your iPhone 12, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same with the Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release it. This is the best solution that i have opted buddy.