Battery drain in ios 14.2

i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging
Me too, iPhone 10smax. Updated and battery won’t last a half day. I just took it off a USB-C charger with fast charging ability where it has been for 5 hours and the battery is showing less than 50% charged.
I have the same phone iPhone 7 Plus 100% battery health... updated to iOS 14.2 and it drained EVERY hour for 4 percent with no account logged in or no wifi connected.

You might think that is not much but imagine putting your phone after sleeping at 11pm at 100%. The next morning you wake up to 72%. THAT is definitely a DRAIN....

I have another iPhone SE 1stGen thats updated to 14.2 that one has no issue at all... 100% at night and overnight it only dropped to 95% LOL
Same on iPhone XR, after 14.2 the device is basically unusable in a professional context. I bought it only a year ago. First time I've thought about switching to Android in 10 years. Fix it, Apple, now.
I noticed poor battery life as soon as I updated to iOS14 on my iPhone SE2. I quickly discovered that turning bluetooth off completely fixed the issue. It appears that bluetooth is doing something massively draining in the background even with no connections and Covid settings turned off.

I've been on the phone with Apple Support many times now and apparently they've escalated my finding to engineering. Hopefully there's a fix soon. Maybe 14.3? Updating right now.
Same problem on two iPhone X we noticed after upgrading to 14.2
Same here - I recently IOS 14.3.x started draining my iphone8 battery from 100% to 1% in ~30 minutes with no usage. I upgraded to 14.3 and same situation. keep draining making it unusable.
Mine is doing the same thing after the latest 14.2 software update.
I have iPhone 11 Pro. After the ios 14.2 my battery drain almost 40% over night. And I need to charge my phone twice a day. My battery is at 95% health capacity. I updated to iOS 14.3 yesterday and the battery drain is still the same. Almost 40% over night. So I wiped and reset my phone today. Still battery drain over the day. When are they going to fix it....
I’m having the same issue. I use an app on my phone for my continuous glucose monitor. This helps me better manage my type 1 diabetes. This is unacceptable!

where is the concern from Apple???
Hi,
i updated my 6s to ios14.3 and i still have the same battery problem. Just sending this message, 77% to 35%...
!!!
during the night, without any connection : 100% to 77%!!!
Same. iPhone 6s, iOS 14.2, battery went from 98% to complete shutdown after about 5 minutes on a game twice in last 24 hours. It reboots without plugging in, then shows battery at 10%. A few other times it has jumped from 100% to 64% in a matter of minutes. Also dies after 30 minutes on video call. After plug in, recharge is very fast. I submitted a report to the link someone else gave above.
same problem with my 11 pro i think till 14.1 all was ok since 14.2 incredible it is 8pm my battery left is 32% i m all day at home cos lockdown normally like this my iphone has 50/60 battery left, it s crazy * APPLE what do you play with your **** UPDATE ????, i wait for 14.3 but if i read it is same issue :/ IPHONE X and XS was not good 11 pro was good all day now i m like a X and XS grrrrrrrrrrrr
I downloaded 14.2 for my iPhone 7. My battery is visibly draining while you look at the phone. I used to get at least 8 hours life from the battery. It now runs flat within 2 to 3 hours. I'm on the charger all the time. I also noticed my phone is running VERY HOT to touch. This is not right! If this is Apple trying to encourage us to upgrade to a new model then this is not sustainable. A perfectly good phone suddenly turned into a lemon! That's not right Apple! MB, NZ
I have a iPhone 7. Once I downloaded iOS 14.2 battery drain started. Hot to touch. 2-3 hours per charge. Slow to recharge. Downloaded iOS 14.3 two days ago. No difference.
ios 14.3 didn’t fix my battery drain problem (iPhone 11pro). I even called Apple support. They ask me to restore my iPhone to ‘clean’ 14.3. Still draining like hell. Are they going to fix it in iOS 14.4?? Does Apple even know about the battery drain?? Can I downgrade to 14.1?? Some website said Apple stop signing 14.1 .....
IPhoneXS here. My battery life was cut in half approximately by iOS 14.2. I hoped 14.3 would fix it but it did not. I then thought maybe some Home Screen widget is the culprit(they seemed not to impact battery with ios14-14.1 though)? I deleted all of them yesterday and today my battery is still draining quickly.

Apple please investigate and provide update here.
IPhone 6s here. Battery drain issue after 14.2 persists it 14.3 . It really is debilitating to see a phone with a new battery go down to 2% in just a couple of hours of normal use. What’s strange is that when it shows 2% and you ignore that and continue to use it , it actually lasts quite long . I still have not had it shutdown on me even when using it at 2 % reading and replying emails and browsing google for 25 minutes . It almost feels it displaying an incorrect metric on the 🔋 battery icon ! Hope it gets fixed in the next release.
My iPhone 6s also showing the same battery drain issue after updating to 14.2. Now need to be charged full (which takes now much longer) twice a day to get through the day even without heavy usage. My partner’s iPhone 7 also showing the same problem but a little less severe.

Even though it has been reported by a lot Apple users, I see no response from their part. This is really frustrating as a longtime iPhone user. I don’t intend to upgrade to any new OS until unless it guaranties the omission of the battery drain issue.
Update 14.2 is killing me Apple! My phone was amazing before and I want it back! I have an iPhone 11, and previously the battery last forever... but ever since updated to 14.2 it drains crazy fast and the phone gets really hot to the touch and it charges so slow! 😭please fix this!!
apple are u kidding us. I’m using iPhone 7 my money totally wasted. ***** Apple developers.. cheaters... we are fooling people yes to bought iphones . Please go and sucide developers. My phone capacity 85.. I charged 50 night. After wake up phone switch offf . *** dont fu.. like this . We are cheated by fam company..same issue after 14.3
Really, Apple, again? Another update that’s sabotaging a firmer great working phone?

And this doesn’t happen to be on purpose?

As a Customer, I really expect a fix for that soon. Otherwise I will think about options (for the first time since 2006).
Same thing here.
I have an iPhone X with 89% of battery capacity and it’s awful.
I recharged it to 82% last night, put it on airplane mode and brightness to 0%, and now I woke up with 30% of battery.
I’m very unsatisfied.

I'm encountering the same issue where my battery is draining while not in use.

iphone x
IOS: 14.2

My routine is to put my phone on the charger at night while sleeping. In the morning the phone will have 10-20% battery life. Initially I thought this may be an issue with the cable, and have since changed to a wireless charger. However the issue continues.

I noticed when I picked up my phone this morning that it was bouncing between cellular and wifi. I would suspect my wifi, but my wife is using an iphone Xs and isn't having any issues.

I also compared battery information and her phone clearly shows it being connected to a charger where mine doesn't. Not sure if that's different because I've started using a wireless charger. Comparing battery information her battery was 91% while mine is 88%.
Hi,
Same problem here. iPhone XS.
battery capacity: 99%
issue started somewhere with update to iOS 14.2.
i’m observing that GPS is draining battery in my phone. “Find my iPhone” is checking each time my position (when I will open safari, start using phone, open any app). I see the icon on top of the screen. When phone is turned into low power mode it is not checking position each time. It works normally as it should be. In my opinion bugs are somewhere with gps that’s why it’s draining battery a lot in our phones (old).
wife is using iPhone 12 and no issues. The same with iPad Air and iPad Pro 2020. Also not observed on iPhone 8.
I have exactly the same problem. After updating to 14.2, my iPhone 7 Plus experienced a severe loss of battery performance and drains much faster than it did prior to the update. I have done everything I know of to save battery life (turning off notifications, reducing screen brightness, turning off background app refresh, turning off location services, etc) and the problem still persists. This is definitely due to the update since my phone was working fine before that and is now barely usable. This needs to be fixed right away.
Battery drain in ios 14.2

Q