Battery drain in ios 14.2

i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging
  • My iPhone SE (1st generation) has started draining fast since iOS 14. With iOS 15 it is not doing better. I suspect the drainage is worse the days after an update. According to the service center, the hardware is fine, and the 86% max capacity is still a good one.

Paolo

Add a Comment

Replies

I am having the same problem. I’ll leave it uncharged overnight will a full charge and when I wake up, it’s dead. When charging its super warm. I have an iPhone X. I checked my battery health and it’s 87% so something is draining this phone.
I’m the same issue with a 11 pro my battery lasted all day last week now it doesn’t lates 3 hours all of a sudden and i restarted my phone at 3 percent when it came back on it was at 64% so I’m very confused and my battery health at the beginning of November was at 96% now it’s a 89 percent I got this phone brand new from Apple in June so I’m confused as to how my batter degrade so fast my iPhone 8 Plus has better battery life running the same software iOS 14.2
same story iphone 11 running ios 14.2
main power consumers are siri (which is completely off) and appstore. while standby these "guys" ate 30% in 3-4 hours :(
dear apple, i switched from android and was looking for stability!
Hi I am Chetan Patil from Pune Maharashtra India

One week back before updating 14.2 IOS version , i replace my mobile battery and that time battery performance was good , but after updating IOS 14.2 version.
I am Facing Battery Draining Problem. So my request to Apple kindly look this issue on high priority in upcoming patch or packages of IOS version.

iPhone X with same problem as everyone else! Also, my phone will no longer charge on my wireless charging pad. This is ridiculous! Not too much of a coincidence that it’s happening right before Christmas and after the release of the new iPhone 12. Is Apple up to it’s tricks again?
Same battery drainage problem with my iPhone 8 after updating to iOS 14.2.
iPhone 11 here, battery drained from 78% to 5% in 2 hours on a phone call.
I have a 10sMax that went from having never run its battery down in a full day of use to not being able to hold its charge for more than a couple of hours when in use.

I have noticed the problem is far more severe when using Bluetooth. Which means my nice AirPod Pros are nearly useless now. My phone will go dead before the charge in my pods is gone.

I find it hard to believe this issue did not not come up during practical QA testing. So Apple, why are you intentionally bricking the function of our phones.... Oh it’s not just phones...It is killing my iPad Pro also. I’m really getting angry that $2,300 in hardware is now useless with out being plugged into power.
I have the same situation, I have detected that since I upgraded my iPhone X to 14.2 version the battery consumption is alarming even sometimes comes to heat with basic tasks such as sending a message or check social networks, I hope that Apple engineers can correct this problem as soon as possible because this update is worrying.

Same here. Iphone 6S. I've turned off everything I can possibly think of, deleted apps, turned off mail fetch, you name it. Went from about 90% when I went to bed last night with phone face down on table, woke up to 1%!!! Battery shows it's in good shape. What the heck? Turned off ICloud, turned off back-up. That helped at least keep the phone from burning up, but stiill drains like crazy. The irritating thing is that I waited quite a while to download this IOS version, too, because this seems to happen with every update, and yet, the bugs haven't been fixed. My phone says it's the latest software version, too. If this kills my battery, I will not be replacing this phone with another Iphone. Major issues every time there's an update. Whether the phone is new or not. So disappointed. Jobs must be turning over in his grave at how Apple has declined.
Battery drop in just a couple of hours on iPhone 7 with original battery but it seems to occur only when I have a particular book in the Kindle app minimized to the background. Close the app or operate with a different book and it doesn't occur, but these conclusions made without exhaustive research.
Same thing happening to me after 10 minutes of playing 8 ball pool battery went from 72 to 48 percent

Apple please fix this bug or something...
I have the same effect on all of my devices, plus messages seems to work pretty poorly now.
I have a iPhone XR when I was on iOS 14 my phone was fine then I decided to update to 14.2 a week ago now I regret it my phone battery drains and it gets hot fast
i have the same battery problem after the update. I have I phone 11, for 3 months and after the update my battery drop very fast. I had a call and the battery drops 3% at 10 minute. :/
that is one of many examples.