Battery health drain

Why is My 1 month old iPhone is draining battery health too fast, just one and half month old and it has already lost 2% battery health although i charge about only 50-60% charge daily and never charged it 0-100 then also please help if someone can.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Mendiratta21 Down vote post of Mendiratta21
32k views
  • Same issue, Purchased iphone 11 on 3rd of October 2021. I charge my phone in between 20 to 85% of battery. And after 3 and a half months it is showing the battery health as 97%. Whether should I approach my nearest apple service for this issue?

• just turn off your iphone, it use any power, So it can rest and keep 100% :) and keep ready when the time is right :)

Add a Comment

Replies

Number of charging sessions, charging rate and more generally speaking temperature could affect the reported battery health. For example charging 10 times a day and keeping your phone at 95% - 100% would wear out the battery faster than if you charged from 50% up to 100% once a day. If your iPhone supports fast charging and you use a Mac or USB-PD charger it could shorten charging time and at the same time decrease battery health faster. Disabling optimized battery charging might magnify these effects.

Just taking the numbers from the 20% decrease over 500 charge cycles yardstick (which I think is used for warranty repair determination) at 30 days × 50% = 15 charge cycles, you might interpolate and expect 0.6%, but that rounds to 1%, and your 2% might be rounded up from 1.5%. Your iPhone probably didn't leave the factory 1 month ago, and if you've only ever discharged your phone to 50% then there's the possibility that the estimated "battery health" percentage comes with a wider margin of error.

i.e. There's little use speculating over an iPhone estimating 98% battery health if it performs as expected.

Well i have a brand new iphone and im having it 1 month only charge 25-100 (mostly) or sometimes 30-85% and my battery health is still 100%

I’m experiencing the same issue since couple of months back. I had 100% battery health almost 7 months since the purchase. After that, about three months now, the battery health has degraded to 96%. Not a gamer though and I don’t even use the phone intensely. Every iOS updates also contribute to its degradation as far as I noticed. Checked the analytics of battery cycle count, the integer was 250 until 14th September. If this ratio continues, I won’t be meeting the 3 year timeline to replace the battery as Apple recommends. Can anyone help explain? Not done a factory reset even once after the purchase, should I now?

I have an Apple Watch 6 Nike and I’m experiencing the same problem, but even worse than what is happening to you. I bought my Apple Watch in June 2021 and the battery health has been 100% until October. Now it’s 92%. Last week it was 96%. Idk how it’s possible, but every two or three charges the battery health dropped by 1% for the last month. And of course I use the original charger that was in the box, and as power brick I use the one that came with my Apple Watch 3 Nike. If anybody can help me, pls reply to this post, cause I have calculated the battery health that I will have next summer, and if it continuous this way it will be 60

Forum is not intended for this type of product use questions. Please contact Apple Support for it.

Same Problem, i am facing the same, its just been 5 months and its already diminished by 2 % . And now its 98%,

Having this same issue with my 13 Pro current its 89%

Same issue my battery health drained 12% in just 8 month

My battery health dropped 4% in the last 3 weeks despite using original charger

• Same issue I bought brand new ip 13 pro before 2-3 weeks ago but i lost 4% i dont know about why is this losing too fast? Someone can explain?

Add a Comment

I bought Iphone 11 in december. For the first 2.5 months BH was at 100%. But after that it started decreasing faster. In the last two week it lost 3% and is not at 93%. Is this normal? I never had iphone before so I don’t know how this works😂😂I usually charge 20-100%, Or 30-100. I also sometimes charge it overnight. So, is this fine, am I overreacting? Or is something wrong with battery?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of JiK0 Down vote reply of JiK0

I bought my iPhone 13 Pro in november and it had 100% until the end of april when it dropped to 99%. It had been like that for a while then suddenly dropped to 95% and after 2 weeks i saw it dropped again by 1%. Also it started to have running problems and I think all that is from the last update, after the update I saw the big battery life drop

• Same

Add a Comment

I bought my iPhone 12 in OCT.2021 and it had 100% until the end of April when it dropped to 99%. and after 1 month again I saw it dropped by 1% and now 95%.

Also, I had connected with Apple support but have not received any satisfactory response.

I was facing the same problem. I bought my iPhone13 seven months ago and i was charging it regularly with an apple 20w charger 20-100% most of the time Andy battery health was 100% But within this past 2 weeks my battery health dropped to 96% from 97-96% even within 2 days. I hope it’s a software issue and it gets fixed with the new update

I have the same issue. In 10th of June 2022 I bought iPhone 11, after 4 month it dropped to 99%. But last week after 1 month it dropped to 98%, and this week it dropped to 97%. What should I do to stop this?

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

• hie, i just got my iphone 14 plus and in just one month my battery health has dropped 5 %, i play games i wont lie and i use a usbc cable from apple. my phone takes less time to fully charge and when i pick up my phone it will be heating up from the chrging. what should i do , 5% battery health drain is just too much

Add a Comment