App Store Distribution fails on valid com.apple.developer.healthkit.access value

The error trying to distrubute to the store
Code Block
According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '[]' for the key 'com.apple.developer.healthkit.access' in 'Payload/<app>.app/<app>'

Looking at the docs, this is a valid value:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_developer_healthkit_access

Similarly, I had no issue until this appeared randomly....

Entitlement File
Code Block
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit.access</key>
<array/>
<key>aps-environment</key>
<string>development</string>
<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
<array>
<string>webcredentials:invoy.com</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoy.dev</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoydev.com</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoystage.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoy.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoy.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoy.dev</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoy.dev</string>
<string>applinks:invoydev.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoydev.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoystage.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoystage.com</string>
</array>
<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

HealthKit is enabled as a capability in Apple Profile as well as for the product.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong? Seems like I am correctly following the practices.

Accepted Reply

I removed com.apple.developer.healthkit.access and fixed it.

Replies

Same for me. I also called apple developer support about this issue. They said they are aware of this problem and looking for it. They didn't mentioned any date. I think we should just wait apple to fix it.
Same problem here.. Removing the entry does not help. I can't see the build inside Connect.
Same problem still... Even the services are all green now.
Removing the entry does allow us to upload the app to TestFlight but then we receive an error ITMS-90000: This bundle is invalid - $message.
So that's not really a solution.
Where are Apple engineers!!!!!!!!!!!
I've received the same error, but related to 'com.app.developer.icloud-container-identifiers', even though I haven't touched iCloud in over a year. So I think that the problem is more general than HealthKit.
My Team got the same Problem, but I don't wanna remove anything from my project, I need a official explanation, anybody know?
Hello Any Updates on this?
I had the same issue. I haven’t changed the entitlements for months and out of a sudden that error appeared, it's very strange. Then I removed com.apple.developer.healthkit.access and it worked good. But is this the best way to solve this problem? I hope Apple engineers can answer...
Same problem exactly. Removing com.apple.developer.healthkit.access results in build uploaded properly but not showing on App Store Connect or Testflight.

This is now completely blocking us from any kind of submission...
Same problem.
Removing "<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit.access</key>
<array/>"
does help with the app but not with the widget!
In the widget-entitlement there is no:
"<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit.access</key>
<array/>"

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of thbi Down vote reply of thbi
I have waiting for a reliable solution for 2 days..............
I'm using Expo to build my app so can't remove keys as suggested. Is there any other solution?

It seems crazy to make such a breaking change without warning.
Same problem here
ERROR ITMS-90164: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '[ ]' for the key 'com.apple.developer.healthkit.access'
Same problem here! This is happening in 2 projects for us. So frustrating. Tried everything, couldn't get pass those errors!
I've deleted the empty array with the key com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers in the entitlements file:
Code Block xml
<key>com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers</key>
<array />

After that I was able to upload it to Apple Store, but I'm not sure about what consequences this change can have.