IOS 14.4 Continued Bluetooth Issues

Hi all,
My phone has just been updated IOS 14.4. It seems there is no solution for Bluetooth problems.

My Iphone X with IOS 13 works well with the Bluetooth in my Toyota car. It can play music and receive phone call via Bluetooth. Since I got Iphone 12 Pro Max with IOS 14, more issue arises. Bluetooth just constantly disconnected when music is turned on. It is not able to receive phone call from Iphone via Bluetooth even though I did reset its setting as well as iphone settings. This issue is really annoying if somebody call when I am driving.

Does anyone get same frustrating matter?

I am so disappointed with Apple Services since IOS 14 was released . Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • I have Iphone 12 Pro, connecting to a bluetooth car, I can make and answer calls, but phone book and call list is not available.

• I have this same issue with my iPhone 12 mini. I never had any issues with my previous phone (Android). My partner also has no issues with their older model iPhone (running the same iOS version BTW).

The disconnection seems to happen when I switch apps I’m using to listen to audio (Music, Audible, YouTube, Spotify, etc.).

I drive a 2015 Mini Cooper and have been informed by the dealership that there are no updates for the audio system that haven’t already been installed.

Apple…. this sucks.

• Hi, I recently switched from Android to iPhone 12 Pro. My car is Skoda Octavia 2015. Since the very first time my iPhone was connected to the car audio, the sound is stuttering once in 15 - 20 seconds, turning my music experience from pleasant to annoying. How come that I have now almost the best phone in the world, and I have problems in a very basic functionality, where, by the way, Android never let me down. Please help

Accepted Reply

Bluetooth phone worked perfectly with my 2011 Volvo C70 with iPhone SE (2015), after I changed to iPhone 12 mini, bluetooth module in my car freezes and restarts after one phone call. Volvo has updated module to the newest software available but without luck. Checked with other iPhones 12, same story. Can you help in any way? iOS 14.4
  • Is this the accepted answer because Apple wants us to update the software in our cars whenever they perform major and minor version updates to iOS? I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf and Nissan hasn’t released an update for my vehicle, ever. I went to the dealer today, asked again if there are any updates and they assured me there were not. They then proposed ringing it in for service, possibly switching the OEM entertainment system out, to see if that fixes it. Neither options are appealing to me, since this problem only started on my iPhone XR after updating to iOS 14.7.

• I will mention that I can “forget the device” on my phone and car, repair and Bluetooth will work until I turn off the car. Usually within 3 cycles of driving the car (turning the car off and on), the Bluetooth connection will break and I can no longer connect the car and phone. I can listen to podcasts without the cars Bluetooth and speakers, but I no longer have hands free driving capability, as required in many municipalities. I consider the Bluetooth connection between my car and phone a safety feature, please fix!

• I have the same issues, iPhone 7 worked very well with no issues

Replies

I have the same issue. My Iphone 12 pro max,disconnects during calls on my airpods pro,bluetooth stops in between. its a horrible experience after paying boatloads of money. I changed my airpod pro,gave my phone to them to fix at apple repair centre but no resolution at all. Sometimes apple is just pathetic

No solution sadly, but I am having identical issues with my 12 mini (iOS 14.7) connecting to my 2011 Volvo XC70. Tested with various other handsets and all is fine, but with the 12 mini I cannot make/receive calls via Bluetooth in the car despite showing as connected. Please sort this out Apple, this is core functionality and essential for many of your customers. Over and above the inconvenience, the inability to use the phone integrated to car Bluetooth is a safety issue.

• Same here, even with IOS 15.7 and still the same problems. Some times one or 2 calls can be made or receive, other times none at all

Add a Comment

i have had problems on my 12 max pro since I bought it, never had issues with my iPhone X before that. Calls cut My EarPods several times a day and I had so much trouble that i went back to cable. I solved the problem by accident a couple month ago when my Apple Watch series 2 died after many years of use, and I got a series 6 watch. After that all my Bluetooth issues were solved (I did both reinstall the phone, network reset and all recommendations before, I even sent my phone in for service but apple said there was nothing wrong with it). Obviously in my case, there was something wrong affected by my Apple Watch series 2.

• I have all the same problems since an update in August. I have an iPhone 12 Pro. I just broke down and bought the 13 pro max because of the Bluetooth issues. I now still have the exact same issues with this 3 hour old phone. I have an I watch series 5 could that be causing all this bs.

Add a Comment

iPhone 12pro max- SAME PROBLEM. Bluetooth cuts out all the time. This just started in the last 6 weeks or so. It’s not the listening device, doesn’t matter if it’s my air buds or headphones, the audio regularly cuts out for 2-5 seconds at a time. The problem is isolated to my iPhone 12pro max because I switch to my old iPhone X and zero interference whatsoever. It’s bad enough that I no longer use my iPhone 12 when listening to audiobooks or podcasts. I just dust off the old “X” and hook up to wiFi and listen with zero interference. PLEASE FIX the 12!

Same problem here. iPhone 13 Pro and 2012 Citroen C4. I turn the car ignition on and the iPhone connects (both media and hands free) but after 10 seconds or less the hands free disconnects. I have tried everything but nothing works and after all i'm assuming that the problem is from the iPhone bluethooth because i've tried with my friends android and works fine. I have checked with Citroen and theres no updates left to do in my car and my iPhone is updated with the last version (15.4). So, only Apple can help with this and it's a major fix needed because it's a really important topic since people can have car accidents using phone while driving...

• One kind of solution I found is when the iPhone automatically connects to the car, make a call or call Siri. This call is automatically transferred to the car and after hanging up (few seconds after), both multimedia and hands free are connected and don't disconnects. It's stupid and makes no sense but it works every time .. also is a pain to have to do this everytime I get in the car but like I said, it works!

Add a Comment

My two iPhone 12s Bluetooth went out I always watch netflix or listen to music on then my first one lasted a good while after I got it the second one almost never got used when I started to use it it worked fine but Bluetooth went out a couple weeks later I can’t connect to Wi-Fi either