React app stuck on Starting the development server

On my new computer with a Mac Mini M1 processor, when I try to boot up React etc. applications with yarn start or npm start, they do not run for a long time before 30 40 minutes. Have you encountered such a problem?

Accepted Reply

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work on me. So I will return the product. I plan to give M1 processors a little more time and buy them after 1 or 2 years. I'm going to buy an iMac with an intel processor for now. It's a very annoying problem. I have a problem, but another user does not have this problem, very strange like a surprise egg.

Replies

I am facing the same issue, I am using Apple MacBook Pro With M1 chip. When I am starting react development server using npm start the development server stuck and not running at all.

I am using nvm for Node js.

Additionally I tried to create a new react app using create-react-app from official react document. The new setup application is also not working.

Tried Safari and Chrome as default browser.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work on me. So I will return the product. I plan to give M1 processors a little more time and buy them after 1 or 2 years. I'm going to buy an iMac with an intel processor for now. It's a very annoying problem. I have a problem, but another user does not have this problem, very strange like a surprise egg.

i too had this issue on my mac mini m1 i changed the node version to 14.7.0 and it works

I found because my up folder have a package.json, when I deleted it , everything works

It is due to recursive call of APP component in react project. Not a problem of MacBook.