App Store Sandbox and/or Server Notifications down ?

Is there a problem with Apple Sandbox ?

I'm testing my in-app autoreneweable subscriptions system but its very long to get the authentication popin (to authenticate Sandbox user in order to simulation payment). And when it succeeds, i can't receive any App Store Notifications server : INTIAL_BUY, DID_RENEW ... (even after 5 minutes of waiting for a 1-month auto-reneweable subs in Sandbox mode).

All of this was working last week, but this morning no way to make it work.

Thank you.

Replies

Same problem since today's morning. I tried on 3 applications without success. Webhooks seem not working.
In my case is not renewing the subscriptions, I am validating the receipt on device, not sure what is happening.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of FE6 Down vote reply of FE6
Exactly, the subscriptions seem not to be renewed, after validating and reading the receipt after 5 minutes
Any news on this? I'm having the same issue (not receiving App Store server notifications).
Hi @fwuen, i have reported this bug directly at Apple with one of my 2 code-level support tickets for this year. I'll give you more infos asap.
Hello.

This also happens to me. I detected it yesterday.

Initially I thought I might have a problem with the app after making some changes to it, but I did a subscription renewal using the native test subscriptions interface in IOS 14 (in Settings -> App Store) and I wasn't getting notifications either. When I went back to look at the logs, I saw that they were about 4 or 5 hours late. I made other purchases though, and nothing has arrived even though it's been over 8 hours.

While waiting for the notifications to arrive, I tested by calling the verifyReceipt URL (using a "latest_receipt" that I had saved from a previous notification), and in the response the new purchases did appear, although they appeared in a state EXPIRED_BUT_IN_RETRY_PERIOD. And in that state they have remained.

This JSON corresponds to the output of processing the verifyReceipt response with a modified version of the processReceiptJSON() function available in the code example that you can download from the URL

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/in-app_purchase/subscriptions_and_offers/determining_service_entitlement_on_the_server

This URL corresponds to one of the resource links available in the article

Architecting for subscriptions

Specifically, to Determining Service Entitlement on the Server.

(I recommend that you download the example to see how you can obtain a summary of the information obtained from the verifyReceipt queries, although it could also be applied to a notification)

I have modified the code of the example so that besides showing the numerical values, it shows me an explanatory text that shows in a simple way to which state the numerical value corresponds (I have also modified the text strings that come in the example, to make them more intelligible).

Code Block json
{
"subscriptions" : [
{
"product_id" : "IDPPAR0001",
"entitlementCode" : -1,
"expiration" : 1621518754000,
"entitlementMainStateDescription" : "EXPIRED_BUT_IN_RETRY_PERIOD",
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-20T13:52:34.000Z",
"entitlementSubstateDescription" : "STANDARD_SUBSCRIPTION",
"web_order_line_item_id" : "10000000xxxxxxxx",
"transaction_id" : "10000000xxxxxxxx",
"totalRenewals" : 12,
"groupID" : "20xxxxxx",
"originalTransactions" : [
{
"originalTX" : "10000000xxxxxxxx",
"start" : 1600943224000,
"startAsISOString" : "2020-09-24T10:27:04.000Z",
"expiration" : 1621518754000,
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-20T13:52:34.000Z",
"renewals" : 12
}
]
},
{
"product_id" : "IDPPAR00000001BR",
"entitlementCode" : -1,
"expiration" : 1621515085000,
"entitlementMainStateDescription" : "EXPIRED_BUT_IN_RETRY_PERIOD",
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-20T12:51:25.000Z",
"totalRenewals" : 17,
"groupID" : "20xxxxxx",
{
"start" : 1614640470000,
"startAsISOString" : "2021-03-01T23:14:30.000Z",
"expiration" : 1621515085000,
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-20T12:51:25.000Z",
"renewals" : 17
}
]
},
{
"product_id" : "IDPPARES0001",
"entitlementCode" : -5,
"expiration" : 1620837172000,
"entitlementMainStateDescription" : "USER_LET_EXPIRE_VOLUNTARILY",
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-12T16:32:52.000Z",
"totalRenewals" : 56,
"groupID" : "20577648",
{
"start" : 1614640470000,
"startAsISOString" : "2021-03-01T23:14:30.000Z",
"expiration" : 1620837172000,
"expirationAsISOString" : "2021-05-12T16:32:52.000Z",
"renewals" : 56
}
]
},
],
"trialConsumedForGroup" : []
}

Until these problems occurred yesterday, the final status of the sandbox subscriptions I had seen was always USER_LET_EXPIRE_VOLUNTARILY. But the ones purchased yesterday, stay in the EXPIRED_BUT_IN_RETRY_PERIOD state.

As an additional resource to check the system status of different Apple services:

https://developer.apple.com/system-status/
Any update here? The system status here https://developer.apple.com/system-status/ shows it to be active. But I still do not receive any kind of notification for the sandbox environment.
Same here, 2 days ago the SERVER TO SERVER NOTIFICATIONS work as expected.

Something is wrong NOW.
```
For everyone who detects this issue, please submit a bug report. This is true for all cases "where things were working fine - but now they don't." To submit the bug report, please use the Apple Developer Feedback Assistant web page -

Enter the “Feedback Assistant” page and login
Click on the Compose icon to start a new bug report

Start by clicking on the appropriate OS button - “iOS and iPadOS”, “tvOS”, or “macOS”
  • In the “Descriptive Title” field, enter an appropriate description.

• In the “Problem Area” field select “App Store”

• In the “Type of Feedback” select “Incorrect / Unexpected Behavior”

• In the “Describe the Issue” section enter the following

• for the case where server-to-server notification are no longer being received

• application ID (and In-App Purchase identifiers if appropriate)

• sandbox environment

• the registered server-to-server URL for your server

• a copy of the most recent JSON content received at your server

• for the case that the auto-renewing subscription notifications are no longer occurring, describe this and if possible provide a copy of the base64 encoded appStoreReceipt contents along with the shared-secret in an enclosure file. The appStoreReceipt can be manually validated to indicate whether the auto-renewing subscription items were renewed.

I will also send a note to my App Store Server contacts.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com
developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Is still not working? I have same issue.

To my knowledge, this issue was fixed later in the evening after I responded to the forum posting. If you are seeing this issue, I'd submit the bug report as I indicated above.

rich kubota developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI