iOS 14.5 + Safari (normal or TP) - Web Inspector ONLY shows Console, Sources and Audit, no Elements, Network, etc.

Yeah as the title says. I just updated to Big Sur 11.4 and I'm developing an Ionic-based app that used to be able to be debugged using Safari's Web Inspector.

Now it doesn't work at all, I'm not even getting console messages, it's like a dummy window or something that's not attached to the iOS device (even though it's spawned from the Develop -> Simulator -> localhost entry.

It only shows Console, Sources and Audit, which sucks.

Any ideas? I have a deadline real soon and this crap not working isn't good for nothing. Thanks Apple.
  • Same here. Is there a better place to report this issue?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi

Same here, this is really a serious problem. Any solution other than using "inspect" (which is not free of charge and also doesn't reports correctly the errors)?

same here! come on apple, sort it out !!!
Same here.

Big Sur 14.4
Safari 14.1.1
iPhone 12 Pro Max

I can only see the console, sources, and audit. And if I try to run sth in the console, it won't work. I am trying to debug a web view running inside a Unity app, which worked perfectly before upgrading to BigSur 14.4.
I have the same issue. I had noticed it in the Safari Technology Preview, but it worked okay in the previous straight Safari release.
Deadlines here :(
Same here.

Updated last night to Big Sur 11.4
Safari is 14.1.1
iPhone 12 mini on iOS 14.6

The Web Inspector is broken.
It only shows Console, Sources and Audit.
You can't debug anything.

PLEASE FIX THIS APPLE

I have noticed inspect.dev app still works (uses Chrome devtools)
Same here. >.<

Inspect.dev didn't work for me
Same issue

Mac Os 11.4
Safari 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)
also Release 124 (Safari 14.2, WebKit 16612.1.11.10)
iOS 14.4.2 and 14.5.1
Yep! Me too.

Be great to get this sorted so I can finish my Cordova iOS app to WKWebView, which is a cracker of a job.

Cheers.

One more!

Mac OS: 10.15.7
Safari 14.1.1
Also tried:
  1. Safari 14.2

2. Safari Technology Preview 14.2

iOS 14.6 and 14.4
I'm having this same issue, can't debug in the Xcode 12.5 simulator on macOS 11.4. It was working before, sigh. Filed an issue at FB9119051. Please fix, this is a major blocker! Normally when I have simulator debugging issues, the Safari Developer Preview has a fix already, but not this time.
Same problem after installing safari update on macOS Catalina. Updated everything to their latest versions including Big Sur... lot of issues getting there only now to be stuck with exactly the same issue. Not possible to use the webinspector with my Cordova app.

Looks like Apple just published a fix. Safari Technology Preview build 125 just went live a few minutes ago, and it has the fix. If I use "Develop" from this build of Safari it works just fine.

Download it here:

https://developer.apple.com/safari/download/

It's the top item in the release 125 release notes:

https://developer.apple.com/safari/technology-preview/release-notes/

Thank you to everyone reporting this problem. It is now fixed in Safari Technology Preview 125, which you can download at developer.apple.com/safari/download

• Will this fix also work on Big Sur 11.4?

Add a Comment

Apple has fixed this bug at May 26, 2021,please download the Safari Technology Preview.