Xcode Cloud source control integration

Will Xcode Cloud report the build status' back to the source control provider? Will it be possible to get any other build results to e.g. Github?

Having everything integrated into Xcode is great, but it's often beneficial to have the status or other information outside. E.g. if the source control is set up in a way that it allows merging the pull requests only after there is a passing build or when the code coverage passes certain threshold.

Accepted Reply

Yes. See the final section of this page of documentation:

In Xcode 13 and later, you can create, view, and comment on PRs, and merge changes into your codebase if you host your Git repository with Bitbucket Server, GitHub, or GitHub Enterprise. You can also configure Xcode Cloud to detect new PRs, or changes to an existing PR. When it detects a change, Xcode Cloud merges the involved branches in a temporary build environment, and automatically builds your project and runs your tests to verify the merged code. After verifying the changes, Xcode Cloud adds a status message to the PR to inform you of the result.

• I'm not sure how this works, though. It looks like it sends a message back, if the build succeeds.

But what if my idea of success is "code coverage must be greater than 75%"? This kind of diagnostic can be sent back to GitHub, from other CI providers, and it will prevent a PR from being merged.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes. See the final section of this page of documentation:

In Xcode 13 and later, you can create, view, and comment on PRs, and merge changes into your codebase if you host your Git repository with Bitbucket Server, GitHub, or GitHub Enterprise. You can also configure Xcode Cloud to detect new PRs, or changes to an existing PR. When it detects a change, Xcode Cloud merges the involved branches in a temporary build environment, and automatically builds your project and runs your tests to verify the merged code. After verifying the changes, Xcode Cloud adds a status message to the PR to inform you of the result.

• I'm not sure how this works, though. It looks like it sends a message back, if the build succeeds.

But what if my idea of success is "code coverage must be greater than 75%"? This kind of diagnostic can be sent back to GitHub, from other CI providers, and it will prevent a PR from being merged.

Add a Comment