TestFlight Automatic Updates

TestFlight automatic updates are not working as I would expect. I have an existing TestFlight installed app on device - say version 1. I've also configured that app for Automatic Updates. I then submit an update to TestFlight, say version 1.1.0. But on device, 1.1.0 does not get installed. Instead it only says Update available and I still need to manually update. Is my understanding incorrect or is this a bug?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dmess Down vote post of dmess
2.0k views
  • Same issue here. Developing onto several devices for test demos at work. Testflight doesn't recognize that there's an update until I restart the app, and it doesn't Auto-Update despite it being enabled.

Test devices are iPads of varying model. All devices are constantly connected to WiFi. All devices are logged in under the same "Visitor" apple account. Automatic downloads (Apps and App Updates) are enabled in iPad settings.

I even went as far as expiring the previous builds. On test devices, I'm still able to load the old build. TestFlight is simply waiting on me to manually prompt it to update.

Any thoughts?

Add a Comment

Replies

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Same here!

Same here