sandbox not working for new "offer codes" for Subscriptions (In-App purchase)

I've implemented the new offer code feature, but when I redeem an offer, locally on a develop cert, it pulls the wrong apple id. The confirmation is always showing the apple id of the user signed into the phone, not the sandbox user. So I went ahead and tested against apple ids and it redeemed an offer, but there was a problem. According to here

When an existing customer redeems an offer code, your app receives a transaction on the payment queue

(paymentQueue(_:updatedTransactions:)

in the SKPaymentTransactionState.purchased state. 

I got all that wired up to pick up transactions on the payment queue and I know it works, but when I redeem an offer code no transaction on the payment queue is fired. Without this event, this feature cannot be implemented.

Does anyone have this feature working locally on development? If so, please Let me know.

Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Nitins1512 Down vote post of Nitins1512
2.4k views

Replies

Offer Codes are not redeemable in Sandbox at this time but appreciate the feedback as improving the testing support in Sandbox is an ongoing effort. For the redemption test in production, I assume this redemption was using the in-app redemption sheet (presentCodeRedemptionSheet) initiated from your app. If the app is relaunched. Is the transaction now found? If so, please gather a sysdiagnose after reproducing and file a ticket at http://feedbackassistant.apple.com and please note here the ticket#.

• How are we supposed to test that offer codes work? If we use actual apple ids, then you can only test the redemption once per apple id as the subscription is purchased. Does Apple recommend that developers have multiple phone numbers and multiple credit cards to create multiple app store accounts?

Add a Comment

Has there been any update to this? Currently trying to redeem in sandbox results in no "The code you entered could not be found"