USB Live Stream not working in osx 12

Dear Apple Expert, Our project uses libUSB library to interact with a USB based camera device. Our application is working fine in macOS Mojave (10.14.6 ). When the new MacOS 12 beta version was made available, we tested our code. But when we try to claim the interface via "CreateInterfaceIterator" API, we are getting "kIOReturnExclusiveAccess" error code and ultimately our application fails. The failure is observed in both libUSB versions 1.0.23 and 1.0.24.

Could you help us by explaining if there is change in the new OS with respect to access to USB devices?

• Have you gotten any answers on this? I want to use LibUSB for our device, but the more I'm looking around it looks like LibUSB might not work that well now on MacOSX 11 and up. Apple seems to be forcing developers to use DriverKit to access USB. The issue is getting the Entitlements for the driverkit. They are not very quick to give DriverKit entitlement even though they want us to move forward with using it.

I read somewhere that if you unplug your device and plug it in again after your application is running it'll work since the OS is not holding on to the USB interface anymore. Give that a try.

Add a Comment