Cannot uninstall XCode Previews App iOS 15

Hello, I’m not a developer but a regular user and while I was checking out iOS 15’s features I came across XCode Previews within the Accessibility > Per App Settings menu. I never downloaded this app and it did not appear in the Home Screen or App Library until I opened it with a Shortcuts > Scripting > Open App command. Now it appears in the App Library but I am unable to remove it. Why is it in my phone? How can I remove it? Can it be maliciously accessed? Please help removing it.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Mindmusik Down vote post of Mindmusik
12k views

Replies

Hi,

Sorry the Xcode Previews app has you concerned.

The app is part of the OS installation, but is primarily only used by iOS app developers and therefore is hidden by default. Being part of the OS installation means that it does not pose any security concern, but also means that it is not removable. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.

• I dont have a problem with it but HOW TO I GET IT OFF MY HOME SCREEN PERMANENTLY. ITS ALWAYS THERE

• Me too, same problem, I need to get it off my Home Screen

• Hi, I have the same problem for a couple of iOS versions now.

Every time I restart my phone Xcode previews appears on the home screen.

This problem seems to be not that wide spread if you need some debugging info I could maybe help.

Also it would be nice to completely hide this app from the App Library similar to other default apps.

It cannot be removed on the home screen simply because it’s like the Health app, which does not allow you to manually remove the content from it’s central processing

• Agreed, there should be some more leeway with what Apples core customers prefer and that's more user control of their own devices and software. It seems Apple is getting more centralized when the masses are calling for more open source and devs are putting their effort in "its" direction. Note* privacy and centralization are 2 total opposites.

• That can’t be true. I’ve never known about this. I accidentally found it in my privacy settings. When I clicked on per app settings, someone has had my device for quite some time now and I’ve never been able to figure out how and I think this is probably yet and I think it’s really screwed up that I am just stuck with absolutely no help and no way to get any of my privacy back.

Add a Comment

Encountered the same problem, every time I restarted my phone, it appeared on the home page again, very abnormal~

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Efun Down vote reply of Efun

You say Xcode Previews has no security concern? You also say health could not be un-installed yet is allowed the capabilities of offloading the app.

The purpose of Xcode Previews is to back door in to your device effortlessly sandboxed while testing your own apps in real time as you edit them, this can also be done remotely . And that is a security concern . I have researched and done some brushing up on this app since the launch of the iOS being installed to my device while connected via apple car play to my cars navigation and entertainment system that alternatively fried and damaged my vehicles electronics .

This occurrence has also been acknowledged by apple that such an error occurred within the CarPlay features due to an accidental exploit during the update and that acknowledgment had since been de-published from community forums. Back in late December 2021. So don’t bother looking anymore. However the forums at XDA may still have the sources .

I am no developer, even though I had researched the opportunity as financially I’m struggling and looked in to marketplace media sales. Some users describe this event as “every time my device restarts “ for me it’s at random without ever even turning my phone off immediately following automatic backups or the use of my own created shortcut processes .

Through other means I established Xcode previews is in fact built in such as developer mode is embedded in to an android device for user based limited modifications such as, theme applications and literally putting your device in to the original definitions it’s intended to output being of a PC based origin. For example our phones output between a 800x600 scale visually but are capable of such feats like 4K but doing so drops the DPI levels to uncomfortably small UI functions.

That being said , it is very easily accidentally losing control over your UI based on scale alone this bricking your device . For those not savy of their own devices it means disabling the use or more so making it difficult to use wich some basic users complain to be flaws . So going open source has its pros and cons. Be careful what you wish for .

Still not my point yet. My point is if it’s meant to be hidden then stay hidden . It’s not as if we can accidentally put out devices in development mode as easily done as it is with Googles Android OS by simply pressing the build number text 5 times , that however doesn’t exist for Apple devices. Theses devices seem to becoming a sell out feature to its development community while basic users are burdened by things like this icon automatically appearing on the home screen I don’t necessarily care it’s even installed by default. But at least add a co feature to it for disabling it when it does pop up.

Because I’ve tested my devices input and output and Xcode Previews while running awaits the handshake of a wired or wireless remote connection. To me that makes me feel my device could at any time be remotely monitored , just like apple care can do to us while trouble shooting . I had a customer care situation where I had to scroll threw areas of my device such as my wallet which displays card numbers , or contacts which displays names and phone numbers . And the Xcode Previews features is what enables that functionality whos to say any Rep can’t easily do it when ever they want without sending a confirmation.

So my question is how to turn off a feature that’s only for that purpose, and don’t give us bull that it can’t be done because I know it can be, the OS does not rely on it to function . As I said I’m no developer but I’m not a stranger to it either, I just don’t call myself a pro with the concept. and unless you want users researching methods to jailbreak the devices to remove unwanted material while uncovering other unintended exploits I suggest a better approach than manuals tell you to say to us in accordance with company policies. I know it’s possible to remove because I have done it myself I just don’t care to have a constantly jailbroken device because they should already have the capabilities we seek without jail breaking.

get real we still can’t openly even use themes or basic features of the usual devices stop catering to corporate America and enterprise entities . We don’t all live that life controlled and monitored by franchises and big companies . Some of us like me have a 15 year long built up paid content collection and having an iPhone is more convenient than carrying an iPod Touch and another cell phone. That’s literally the only reason I have an iPhone.

allow us to remove it legitimately without device modifications.