Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Same issue I have, MBP 16 Max + MX Master 2S. Similar fix as mentioned by others, System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility > Logi Options (tick)

Switching the mouse off, and turning it back on, solves the problem on Monterey 12.0.1, Imac 2017, magic mouse 2. No need to restart the iMac itself. Hoping it helps someone, and for an update fixing the issue, cuz it is annoying..

• Yes, it's easy manual way to fix the problem but very annoying.

• That' what I am doing each time ot goes to sleep... iMac 27 on Monterey 12.0.1

Add a Comment

I have the same problem. Restart or turn on and off something? More than a month to fix a problem? Like a Windows... Do the basic functionality properly before developing more features that most users won't use.

Same with MBA M1 on 12.0.1, after every recovery from sleep. Have to turn mouse off and on then reconnect every time.

Yes!!! I'm experiencing the same thing.

IMac 2021 same issue. Turing the mouse off and on fixes it for now.

Like everyone else, shutting mouse off then turning on works. 2020 iMac with Magic Mouse

No response from Apple on this issue? It seems there are quite a few people experiencing this problem.

Same Problem with MacBook Pro M1 and Magic Mouse.

Hey! Had the same problem since Monterey. Tried the so often proposed off/on switching, the restart and the emptying the NVRAM, but no result... it kept not scrolling after every single sleep. Same result, after every sleep, the mouse wasn't scrolling anymore. Tried to completely delete the mouse from the Bluetooth devices on the iMac and pairing it again. And since 48h, no "not-scrolling" problem with my Magic Mouse anymore, hope this stays like that. Kind regards

• what about now?

• This didn't help on Mac M1 13"

• It stopped scrolling yesterday… so longer solution than on/off, but problem persists :/

Add a Comment

i also have this exact problem and stop using my m1 for this reason , now switched back to windows till you fix this bug.

same problem, it’s very annoying. i’m just hoping apple will solve it, but how long does it take?! i cannot wait a year🥲

The only way I have been able to fix this is to pair then unpair the mouse with bluetooth. It's clearly an issue so I'm not sure why apple isn't offering a fix. it's not like the Magic Mouse is cheap.

I have the same problem as everyone else above and I am fairly new to working with my MacBook Air and magic mouse. I was in contact with Apple three different times and tried all sorts of solutions to get the mouse to scroll but pretty much the fix that worked best was turning the mouse off and on. It's hard because the button is so tiny on the bottom and it's just a pain. The last representative I spoke with sent the following email a few days after I spoke with him:

I received an update from our engineers on our case regarding the Magic Mouse losing connection to Mac after it goes to sleep. The engineers have reports of the issue and it is currently under review, the resolution may come in the form of a update for macOS but as of right now there is no official fix. For the time being continue to use workarounds until a fix is pushed out via software update.

Sounds like they are working on it and I am glad I am not alone. I was actually thinking of returning my mouse and getting another one, thinking the problem was with that. Hope to find an answer soon.

It is still doing this: freezing the functionality of the mouse to scroll unless you restart. Please fix this, Apple!