Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Same problem on MBP M1, however the problem persists even if I turn the mouse on and off. I did install Logi Options, which resolved the problem for a little bit, but then it came back and now scrolling just doesn't work. Did not find Accessibility options as mentioned in some other responses unfortunately.

• The only device that keeps scrolling after sleep is the Magic TrackPad. Magic Mouse, Mx Master and the like stop scrolling. Problem persists in Monterey 12.1. MBP M1

Add a Comment

Same here. Turning the mouse off and on, usually does the trick but frustrating still.

Exact the same here!

I have the same issue after the update. I have to turn off and on the Bluetooth. I'm running Monterey 12.0.1 MacBook Pro M1

Problem persists and I do not see any response from Apple. Customer support could not help. They even acted as though this issue never existed. I had to share the link to this thread! Cannot keeping turning the mouse on and off FOREVER!

rebooting the mouse works once you have the MAC rediscover the mouse for me and is super frustrating. Does anyone have a long term fix? Seems we need a patch for the mouse or the OS.

Same here, since Monterey upgrade the Magic Mouse does not scroll after 'sleep'

I have the same problem. But I simply turn the mouse off (with the mouse power button on the bottom of the mouse), wait 2 seconds and then immediately turn it back on. Then click a few times and once the mouse reconnects it works fine until the mac goes to sleep again. Irritating, but not a show stopper.

Add a Comment

Same issue here.

My Magic Mouse also stops after sleep and my Touch ID on my wireless keyboard stops too. Only way to fix is turn off and on the mouse and keyboard. I'm using M1 MacBook Air.

Yes! on my MacOS after installing Monterey. Before that, it wasn't going to sleep at all. Now the mouse won't scroll.

Same here. Everytime my Mac goes to sleep for the night and come back to use it in the morning I have to disconnect and then reconnect my Magic Mouse to get it to scroll again. Pretty annoying. Hopefully Apple gets a patch out soon to fix it. Let me know if anyone has a fix for this. Thanks

Same for me. Any solution? I’ve gone back to an old Magic Mouse that works just fine. Hope Apple creates a fix in the next Mac OS update.

Same, even losing all mouse functions sometimes only scrolling. Won't connect, Macbook Air. reconnect blue tooth needed.

As somebody posted a solution below, I will merely repeat it: turn your mouse off and back on. It will then scroll. I had same issue and now it works. Best regards