Mouse scrolling stops working in macOS Monterey

Hi all I have MacBook Pro M1. Yesterday I upgraded my Mac with new macOS Monterey 12.0.1. Since that upgrade my Apple mouse sometimes stops scrolling. It happens when I leave Mac, it goes to sleep mode and when I come back and try to scroll it doesn't work To fix it I turn my mouse off and the turn on.

Who has the same problem let me know in comments please

• Yes same here immediately after installing Monterey. Once Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work

• same problem with macbook air m1

• same here, I am on a MacBook Pro M1

Accepted Reply

The issue is resolved now with latest update 12.1

• Hi all, I have this problem now on 12.1. On previous release was all OK on my brand new Macbook pro 14" with M1Pro.

• me 2 on iMac with 12.01. Switch mouse off and on again fixes it.

• worked for me. thanks twobeatkick

Replies

Issue still exists in Ventura 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a), MacBook Pro 2021 M1

Sometimes when Macbook goes to sleep , wakes unable to scroll mouse. Requires a restart to get it to work.

Hi at all !

If someone can explain to me that, because for me it's really a shame for Apple to do that.

I'm explain, I've an iMac Pro 2017 sold with Magic Mouse Mouse 2 (Intern program 1.9.2), I've also another Magic Mouse 1 more old maybe 2014 (intern program 3.0.6) and an iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOs 16.6.1 and guess what, It's impossible to my iPhone to show me in any case the Magic Mouse 2 in bluetooth settings or accessibility, I precise this mouse work well in all my others Mac. So I tried to connect with the Magic Mouse 1 the old one (was sure doesn't work) and guess what, it's showed in bluetooth settings and I can paired it perfectly with my iPhone, only thing the scroll touch (vertical / horizontal) doesn't work on iPhone.

What I don't understand it's how it can be possible than an old Magic Mouse 1 work in bluetooth on the last iPhone and not at all for Magic Mouse 2 connected to an iPhone, it's make me crazy, why ?! Please explain, thank's for read me. ;-)

Same on Macbook Pro M2, on Ventura 13.5.2, with Logitech MX Anywhere 3.

Same problem here - MBP M2 Pro, 13.0, Logitech MX Master 2S. It's happened multiple times, usually right when I've run out of memory and started using swap.

Seems it's still an issue. I have a Logitech M510 mouse. Running Sonoma 14.1, on my 2018 Intel Mac Mini. Been an issue for the past few versions. Every time, waking from sleep, have to switch off/on my mouse.

Seems like there are a lot of people having the same issue, across multiple Mac platforms.

I have the same problem using a SteelSeries mouse (Sensei Ten).

The problems happens if I use two profiles logged in at the same time.

To solve the problem, I need to Log Off the faulty account, then Log back in again and all is fine (no need to Restart).

Still, I agree with all of you: this shouldn’t happen.