Azure DevOps (TFS) in Safari keeps asking password

After upgrading to macOS Monterey, Safari keeps showing authentication prompts for the on-premises Azure DevOps instance.

Interesting that I can keep pressing the cancel button on the login form, and it works.

In other browsers (Microsoft Edge, Chrome), all works fine -- I enter login/password one time and it never asks me again. In the browser tab, I see that the /connect request got stuck, but I don't know how to troubleshoot it further. Any suggestions?

Environment information: macOS version: 12.0.1 Safari version: 15.1 Azure DevOps Server 2020 Update 1.1

Got a solution from https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/430252/azure-devops-tfs-in-safari-keeps-asking-password

On macOS: Open Safari, go to Preferences, click on Advanced, check the box to “Show Develop menu in toolbar”, close Preferences, click on Develop -> Experimental Features, and scroll to “NSURLSession WebSocket” and uncheck it.

I've checked the macOS Big Sur & Safari Version 14.1.2 (16611.3.10.1.6): there are no repeated auth prompts, so it seems to be an issue with the new Safari version (15.1)

Accepted Answer

Got a solution from https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/430252/azure-devops-tfs-in-safari-keeps-asking-password

On macOS: Open Safari, go to Preferences, click on Advanced, check the box to “Show Develop menu in toolbar”, close Preferences, click on Develop -> Experimental Features, and scroll to “NSURLSession WebSocket” and uncheck it.

Still having this problem with NSURLSession WebSocket unchecked. Anyone else?

We need to use another browser except Safari to login on-premise Azure DevOps servers. Disabling NSURLSession WebSocket feature is not working. Any idea?

Same problem here as well. Disabling NSURLSession WebSocket feature is not working. Does anyone has solution or workaround for this?

Anybody got a solution for this, that works with Safari 17.0 (on MacOS 14) - the NSURLSession WebSocket option is not there anymore - or maybe I just can't find it...

Azure DevOps (TFS) in Safari keeps asking password

Q