Permission to bulk operate on other apps

I would like to create an application that let's a user bulk operate on apps. Some features:

Bulk operations: 
 - delete
 - organize by color (some like organizing their screens by color)
 - organize by type (education, reading, games, etc.)
 - organize apps which users want to hide
 - organize last access time
 - bulk "offload apps" (removing the app, saving the data)

I am struggling to find, however, any notion of enabling permissions for this in an apple app. The permission I am looking for is akin to a user allowing an app to delete (duplicate) photos/videos off of their device. The area I think it would be is here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements

If this functionality exists, can I please be directed to the documentation for this?

Many thanks!

Best, Daniel Connelly

Replies

There is no documented API for any of that functionality. That would go way, way, way outside your app sandbox. It seems that 3rd party app management is a thing on Android, but it’s not a thing on iOS.

Thanks @Scott_J for confirming. I think it would be really nice if Apple were to build this into their OS or let developers build this. I don't think that moving apps around on a homescreen is a terribly unsafe thing to do (though deleting would potentially be, but that is why one wouuld get permission?). Anyways, I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff, so hopefully we can get this feature one way or another.

Thanks again!

You can post a FeedBack assistant (bug report) asking for enhancement.

But I do think you can get no satisfaction 😉.

As Scott J said, that would go against a long time policy to forbid an app to play with other apps or with system behaviour (for instance it is not possible to change the functions of buttons).

Thanks @Claude31! I will do that.