UVC cameras not working on M1 Pro and M1 Max on Monterey

Using a few webcams that worked previously on both M1 and Intel Macbooks, testing out on the new MacBook Pro 2021 and the UVC streams are not showing across apps.

Here's my setup

Tested the Anker, OBSBot, and an Opal, and not seeing any of them show up on UVC streams

E.g. The Anker shows up in System Information > USB but in UVC apps like Zoom, etc it does not show up.

Running system_profiler SPCameraDataType -json

Returns just { "SPCameraDataType" : [ { "_name" : "FaceTime HD Camera", "spcamera_model-id" : "FaceTime HD Camera", "spcamera_unique-id" : "47B4B64B70674B9CAD2BAE273A71F4B5" } ] }%

• Not working on 2018 MacBook Air with 12.2.1 either. Stopped working when upgraded from 11. Cmon Apple, can’t be that hard surely?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

This should be resolved in a subsequent update. Log a feedback if you still see it on 12.0.1.

• Thanks buddies!

• does not appear to be resolved. Monterey 12.2.1

has it made it onto a list somewhere? There's been (3?) major hardware releases since Monterey came out.

• Same here. Monterey 12.2.1 and not yet solved. I need to restart every time I unplug the usb webcam and it is very annoying.

Replies

This should be resolved in a subsequent update. Log a feedback if you still see it on 12.0.1.

• Thanks buddies!

• does not appear to be resolved. Monterey 12.2.1

has it made it onto a list somewhere? There's been (3?) major hardware releases since Monterey came out.

• Same here. Monterey 12.2.1 and not yet solved. I need to restart every time I unplug the usb webcam and it is very annoying.

Hi,

still not working, why not just provide some kind of utility which could provide some basic things for camera control ? Like this stupid auto color correction or brightness autoadjust, which does dumb things and it would be best to disable them, but none of this is possible right now

I'm having the same issue, currently on the below system.

M1 14in MB pro with 16GB RAM literally got it a week ago. Monterey 12.0 (21A344)

OP what is an Opal? I have a Logitech C922 which UVC controls will not appear, I'm using webcam settings app from app store to test.

• Same issue. OSX Monterey 12.2.1 been waiting this one out a while. UVC with Ricoh Theta's was broken from the transition from Big Sur to Monterey and has not been resolved through to release of a few major updates. Ricoh isn't supporting this issue on their end for osx. Works on PC currently.

Add a Comment