Xcode 13.2 - Internal error : Missing Package Description Module

• Same issue here. Same Xcode and OS versions, on M1. I tried removing and re-adding the package, but that didn't fix it.

• :( Same issue. Even tried creating a brand new Swift Package (blank w/one test) and still seeing the issue, so it doesn't seem project specific...

• Same issue here.

Apple Recommended

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

Replies

Same on my setup: macOS 11.6 (20G165) Xcode Version 13.2 (13C90)

My FB number is FB9812317. I downloaded XCode 13.2 direct from Apple on Dec 14 (3 days ago); built fine! I actually archived and submitted to App store. Today (Dec 17) I'm having the "Internal error: missingPackageDescriptionModule" build error. I sorely wish I'd kept XCode 13.1 (renamed as secondary app) instead of replacing it with XCode 13.2 — can I get a download of 13.1? I'm completely unable to build our team's project now.

• You can download 13.1 here: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/ Just scroll down.

FWIW: I've reinstalled 13.2 several times now, each time the problem goes away for a while and then returns. If it's not fixed by next week I'm downgrading.

Add a Comment

same issue here..

• If they have fixed it, why isn't it available as an update via the usual Software Update in System Preferences?

• I needed to click UPDATE on the Xcode 13 page in the App Store. Maybe this was because the server was very busy at that time. Anyway, 13.2.1 is working now.

• Now the app store update is stuck in going from 13.2 to 13.2.1, looks like I have to delete the previous store version.

No-M1 Mac with macOS Monterey 12.0.1, but same error message. I also have the impression that Xcode increasingly wants to turn my Mac (1 year old) into a fan heater, especially when I try something with SwiftUI. I started the update via App Store to Xcode 13.2 two days ago overnight and I was happy that it was installed the next morning. But I was happy too soon: now another update to 13.2.1 with probably several hours of installation again. Good thing today is Sunday.

Even after updating to 13.2.1 packages are not getting downloaded

• Same for me. Exactly the same problem with 13.2.1

Add a Comment

For me upgrading to Xcode 13.2.1 fixed the issue

Simply Just Remove XCode From Your Mac And Dowload xip Of 'XCode' from Developer.Apple.com Thank You!......

Same issue here in my Macbook Pro 2015 Intel. Xcode: Version 13.2 (13C90) Monterey: 12.1 (21C52)

I don't know if the solution is correct but following these steps my problem was solved. I am using Xcode 13.2.1

File > Packages > Reset Package Caches

then command + shift + k and command + b

I have the same issue today. Initially I downloaded Xcode from the website, it was unresponsive completely and would not open. I deleted it, reinstalled from App Store. I now am faced with the same issues in this thread and nothing is resolving it. I, like others lost a days work today.

This is fubar. I've spent countless hours on Xcode errors like that. This is literally the worst IDE I've ever used. Sometimes I feel like buying a ticket to Cupertino just to find their product manager.

• Agreed. Since many years ago, Xcode was bugfull and still no progression.

Add a Comment

This bug is still here and drives me crazy. I'm using Xcode 14.2 updated from App Store.

On 14.2:

It kept looping Resolving Package Graph and Packages for me as well.

Cleaning the Local Package Cache showed an error with a local git repository: it its .git folder was corrupted. But didn't fix the looping issue.

Removing the Playground from the Workspace fixed the issue.

Ah nvm.. it started again.

The freezes every couple seconds are the worst.

Recreating the workspace fixed it.. for now.