Xcode cloud and multiple bundle ids?

Is it possible to set up Xcode Cloud so it distributes the app to different bundle id? (for example, mock, test and release environment)

Right at the moment we are only limited to deploy TestFlight for the bundle ID that configured Xcode Cloud? I would really like to be able automate several different build with different bundle id's...

When i try to archive using Xcode Cloud to a different bundle id that the one configuring Xcode Cloud i get the following errors: ITMS-90054: This bundle is is invalid. ITMS-90345: Metadata.Info.plist Mismatch.

When I archive manually it works perfectly fine.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nicolaidam Down vote post of nicolaidam
2.5k views
  • Yeah I am also testing adding to

ios/ci_scripts/ci_post_clone.sh 

A way to change the bundle ID, and will report back.

Set the bundle IDSetup Xcode in CloudSee if ios/ci_scripts/ci_post_clone.sh  will work to switch it
Add a Comment

Replies

did you ever get this working? would be good to know.

• Update: ran into the same error when attempted

Add a Comment

You can do this with the API. First, change your bundle in Xcode, and click the Cloud to authenticate. Create the workflow on the bundle id. Then you can switch your Xcode back to old bundle. Then just use the App Store Connect web site to manage it.

Then to kick it off your pipeline (bitbucket or Azure Pipeline) can trigger the start on a branch using the appstoreconnectapi - start build number.

• But the build numbers are not the same. So this is not perfect.

Add a Comment

+1 how do we bundle different bundle Ids in XCODE CLOUD?

I had the same issue and I just figured it out.

Go to Xcode cloud "manage workflows" in Xcode and at the bottom, press the (+) then choose "new workflow for another product" and that's it.