Crash in iOS 15 EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL) without reason on TestFlight

We are seeing crashes on iOS 15 (unreproducible on iOS 14) being reported without any Termination Reason or Code.

I've read several similar questions but don't see a general solution to the problem, and most of them are crashes from the Xcode Crashes Organizer so I'm not sure if this is a bug on the TestFlight side.

These all happened right after the user backgrounds the app.

Accepted Reply

without any Termination Reason or Code.

Consider this snippet from your crash report:

Termination Reason: RUNNINGBOARD 3735883980 

Note that the termination code is in decimal:

% lldb
(lldb) p/x 3735883980
(long) $0 = 0x00000000dead10cc

This dead10cc code is explained in Understanding the Exception Types in a Crash Report.

The fact that this code is in decimal rather than hex is annoying. I know @edford is working to get that fixed, although I don’t know the current status of that effort.

On the plus side, at least we include the exception code now, which is a marked improvement from the previous situation.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Add a Comment

Replies

without any Termination Reason or Code.

Consider this snippet from your crash report:

Termination Reason: RUNNINGBOARD 3735883980 

Note that the termination code is in decimal:

% lldb
(lldb) p/x 3735883980
(long) $0 = 0x00000000dead10cc

This dead10cc code is explained in Understanding the Exception Types in a Crash Report.

The fact that this code is in decimal rather than hex is annoying. I know @edford is working to get that fixed, although I don’t know the current status of that effort.

On the plus side, at least we include the exception code now, which is a marked improvement from the previous situation.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Add a Comment