Notes App Crashing M1 MacBook Air on macOS Monterey

Has anyone been experiencing this? My notes app has been crashing incessantly even after updating my macOS.

It has been happening for months and my MacBook is pretty new.

Do let me know what I can do to rectify this!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jessicatyj Down vote post of jessicatyj
3.0k views
Add a Comment

Replies

Have the same Issue, i'm tired !

• I think I fixed the issue!

Saw a thread somewhere that images in the notes app was corrupting files & causing their notes app to crash.

So I went on to delete all my images from my notes and it has not crashed ever since. Try it and let me know if it works!

Not sure if it is a permanent fix but if the problem persists, I’ll reply to this thread again.

Add a Comment

same on mine. mac air m1. when trying to open notes app always show pop up notes.app not responding. also take longer time to shutdown if notes app opened but not responding.

fed up now.

Same thing here! I can't even open the app most of the time - and when it does open there's all kinds of freezing and not responding.

Several months later and it's the same with me. It's consistently the Notes app only.

So annoying! Apple used to work just fine now I keep getting those crashes this is not fun!!

Still a problem for me, almost a year later. Any word from Apple on how to fix this?

Turning off iCloud sync fixed my problem.

The stuff my MacBook Pro 2021 can do amazes me, the most resource intense software it handles so well. And yet it's the notes app that consistently brings my computer to its knees. The one app you'd think Apple would be able to get right.