carplay-audio entitlement missing from provisioning profile

When I download my provisioning profile I can't find the com.apple.developer.carplay-audio entitlement in it.

Here's what I did:

1. For our app identifier on Apple Developer Portal in "Additional Capabilities" I enabled "CarPlay Audio App (CarPlay framework)".

2. After that I generated a provisioning profile and downloaded it. In the provisional profile info on Apple Developer Portal I can see "CarPlay Audio App (CarPlay framework)" in "Enabled Capabilities".

3. When I import the downloaded profile in Xcode, I can't see the CarPlay entitlement there. After I added the "com.apple.developer.carplay-audio" entitlement to my .entitlements file, I'm getting the "Provisioning profile ... doesn't include the com.apple.developer.carplay-audio entitlement.". When I'm opening the profile in my text editor, I also can't find "carplay-audio" there.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

• Did you get it going yet? I have the exact same problem. We've submitted the feedback but we heard nothing.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same issue... in the developer portal it says "CarPlay Audio (CarPlay framework)"... but inside the provisioning profile there is still the old entitlement "com.apple.developer.playable-content". I contacted Apple a few weeks ago asking for access to the new "com.apple.developer.carplay-audio" entitlement. But no reply from them yet. This long wait time is ridiculous for something that shouldn't take more than a minute for the one responsible. All I'm asking is be able to migrate my app from the deprecated playable content API to the new carplay framework... this shouldn't take weeks or months for them to reply.

• In the development portal, make sure you enable CarPlay Audio App (Media Player framework) instead for the new "com.apple.developer.carplay-audio" entitlement [NOT CarPlay Audio App (CarPlay framework) ]. There is a problem with the portal where they got the two entitlement crossed. If you don't see "Media Player framework" and only see "Carplay Framework" (like in our case), contact CarPlay division to add it for you.

• I only had access to the old entitlement. It took one and a half months for them to grant me access to both entitlements.

Add a Comment

The day that Apple fixed this crazy developer portal issue is now.

We got the issue since yesterday (29.09.2022, Europe date format) with Xcode and automatically code signing. We had to rollback to the correct "CarPlay Audio App (CarPlay framework)".

See https://github.com/SRGSSR/playsrg-apple/issues/242

We do have the same issue, starting with XCode15! We haven't changed anything for years regarding carplay, now we have to deactivate it entirely to get the app in the app store. Total disgrace!

We do have the same issue, starting with Xcode 15!

If you were previously grated access to the CarPlay entitlement and are unable to use it with Xcode 15, I recommend that you seek formal support. This should still work, but it’s not something we can debug here on DevForums [1].

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Because it would require us to ask you for information that it’s not really appropriate to share via this public channel.

Same here suddenly, but uploading with app Transporter gives no issues: https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/transporter/id1450874784?mt=12