Kernel Panic with Xcode 13.3

MacBook Pro 2018 mid 13.3" Xcode 13.3 Mac OS Monterey 12.3

I had the kernelpanic bellow three time today. I had Xcode with simulator running all times.

Have anyone this issue?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of akikos Down vote post of akikos
6.3k views
  • As per log simulator is causing issue. Delete the simulator and add it gain

Xcode>window>device and simulators>switch to simulators tab>Select iPhone 13 pro max and delete it> on the bottom click + and add iPhone 13 pro max again.

Try this way . Might work.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same problem :(

same problem here

having the same issue on my MBP 2020 i5

same problem.

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7fad8e5505): "Submission on work queue 35 failed due to insufficient space!\n" @IGGuC.cpp:2899

Any solution ??

As per log simulator is causing issue. Delete the simulator and add it gain

Xcode>window>device and simulators>switch to simulators tab>Select iPhone 13 pro max and delete it> on the bottom click + and add iPhone 13 pro max again.

Try this way . Might work.

• cannot fix this program

• Still panic.

• install iOS 15.5 simulator, run one of those simulator? No crash. start xcode, go to window -> Device and simulators -> Simulator. Hit the plus in bottom left. Under OS version I picked "Download more simulator runtimes" and install, it automatically creates a set of devices with iOS 15.5 instead of 16.2. Once the download has finished, start up the simulator, close the all iOS 16 simulators if it opens.

Add a Comment

The issue remains on Xcode 13.3.1

I have no solution yet :(.

Same MacBook Pro 2018 13", same MacOs 12.3.1, same Xcode 13.3.1, same issue!

Same problem here, really gets annoying by now ... the Mac is restarting almost every night when I forget to close the simulator, and sometimes during the day too

The issue seems to be fixed on Xcode 13.4. I have the simulator running for three hours with no restart yet.

• I'm having same problem in Xcode Version 13.4 (13F17a); Monterey 12.4 (21F79)

• Unfortunately, I had two kernel panic today too

• same version of Rui_Alves. every hour, same panic

Xcode 14Beta didn't help actually. Still crashing

• Do you try Xcode 14Beta with macOS Ventura installed or Monterey ;

Add a Comment

I stated the issue to Apple via feedbackassistant. https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

Anyone have the same issue do it.

Any solution for this?

I have been facing this issue for the past few months. Tried reinstalling macOS, updating xcode. Nothing help.

I have this too. I had 4 complete system crashes since yesterday. I am wondering if that happens because my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) only has 8GB of RAM. Because "Submission on work queue 36 failed due to insufficient space!" sounds like the Metal driver could not allocate enough memory. Of course this is still a severe bug and should be fixed by Apple. But I'm curious if people with 16 GB or 32 GB have this as well. I noticed my memory pressure often goes yellow when I run the simulator.

Maybe testing on the simulator of an older iPhone with less RAM might be a workaround.

• I tried iPhone simulator and I have the same issue.

• I have 16 GB memory, and the same issue. On my new MacBook Pro M1 (with 32 GB memory) I did not get the issue up to now.

• It seems indeed related to RAM usage, I haven't got this issue again (yet?) since upgrading from 8GB to 32GB on my Mac Min 2018. But it should not crash the whole machine, Apple needs to fix this issue ...

Add a Comment

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) only has 8GB of RAM.

When I work with simulators like iPhone 11, 12, 13 - usaly I got frozen screen, but the mouse still moves.

If do work with iPhone 7 simulator - no problem. So problems with iPhone 11, 12, 13 (I didn't test iPads)

• Thank you very much for you post. I tried iPhone 8 simulator, which has problem too but never try iPhone 7 simulator. You found a way to try our Apps without a device.

:( edited: Unfortunately i had kernel panic running iPhone 7 simulator.

Add a Comment

Still not fixed I don't know when will it be fixed

For now I'm running Mac OS big sur and manually added device support files for ios 15.5 to test on real device when needed sometimes.

And for simulators its working fine no crashes whatsoever.

But yes you need to downgrade to Big Sur to make things work normally.