AppStore Promotional Offer is not applying discounted price

My new app has certain features that require auto-renewing subscriptions. I set up my subscription and set its pricing on AppStore Connect.

I also want to offer a promotional offer which discounts the monthly subscription fee. I also set this up on AppStore Connect.

When I test the app on my iPhone, the subscription prices comes up at full price and not discounted promotional price.

Is there anything special I need to do for promotional price to apply? Do I need to use "Introductory Offers" instead? I thought "Promotional Offer" was the right one for me because it applies to all new users for a set period. The introductory offers seem to have a set start/end dates.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of imsam67 Down vote post of imsam67

Replies

There are significant implementation differences between the two types of offers: Introductory Offers vs Promotional offers.

Introductory offers only allow a single discount to be configured per product per storefront in App Store Connect - For redemption the App Store handles that automatically when an eligible customer subscribes from an inactive state (new or expired, one redemption per subscription group).

While promotional offers eligibility is handled by the developer and requires at time of a buy for a offer signature to be provided in order for the customer to receive the offer. Learn more here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/original_api_for_in-app_purchase/subscriptions_and_offers/implementing_promotional_offers_in_your_app