padOS15 cannot receive remote push notifications

All our applications listed below, once installed in padOS15 (iPad mini 6 15.4.1) are not receiving any remote push notifications. We built our apps in XCode13.2.1. I also tried to install the latest XCode13.3.1 in macOS Monterey, but I got the same problem. It has no problem when installed on different devices and versions.

Our apps: CLOMO SecuredBrowser for iFilter CLOMO SecuredMailer CLOMO SecuredDocs CLOMO SecuredContacts

This is how to replicate it:

1. Start the app
  2. Press the home button and the app goes to the background
  3. I change the profile settings on our server-side
  4. Wait for the remote push notifications. (the remote push notifications are received on other devices but not on this device)

Expected result: remote push notifications should be shown on the device.

When I checked the console log, I found that com.apple.Preferences removed delivered notifications as shown below.

SpringBoard	[com.apple.Preferences] Removing delivered notifications

Replies

We already found the cause of the problem. We are using the UIDevice.systemName in determining the APNS URL. For iOS15 devices, we got iOS as the UIDevice.systemName. For iPadOS14 devices, we got also iOS as the UIDevice.systemName. But for iPadOS15 devices, we got iPadOS as the UIDevice.systemName. Since on our server-side, we only checked for iOS to determine the APNS URL, the push notification was not registered.

I hope this will also help others who have the same problem as ours.