Camera not working on iOS16

I installed the iOS16 beta to test the new features and everything works well except the camera, which when I access it the screen is completely black. Initially I upgraded from iOS15, after restarting, turning off/on, I tried to restore the iPhone in different ways (from the Mac and from the iPhone) without solving the problem.

I also tried to restore to iOS15 to rule out a hardware problem and here the camera worked correctly, so I upgraded back to iOS16 and it stopped working.

The camera does not work in any application, in the Camera, in iMessage, Halide, Instagram, WhatsApp,... The controls and buttons of the camera app do work, but it doesn't take the photo or see anything.

Same here. It's so annoying.

I have the same problem on my iPhone XS Max. What an idea to release a beta version with such a critical bug. Especially since no communication from Apple suggests that they are aware of this bug.

Same issue here with my 12 pm, perfect on ios 15ish and pretty laggy, slow on ios 16.

I got the same issue and after restarting the phone I got a warning message saying the camera is not genuine. It is a IPhone 12 pro that has never been repaired. Attempting to go back to IOS 15. Hope this solves the issue.

i have the exact same issue on iphone 12. camera worked with beta 1 but not on beta 2. face ID works to unlock my phone but everything else to do with camera doesnt. needs a fix fast.

I just want to know if Apple is planning on fixing this up or if I should jus run back to android because this is disappointing… I have downgraded but still have the same ish Camera won’t work Face ID not working and my torch light also doesn’t work … is Apple going to fix this issue ?

I have just downloaded it today and noticed my cameras stopped working. Pretty sad to say that there is been nothing from Apple NZ to see if they would release a beta with such a big bug

I’m having the same issue. Oddly it didn’t happen with the first public beta and is only happening with public beta 2

same problem, my flashlight also doesnt work. Does anyone have this problem still?

I’ve had the same issue ever since ios16 dev beta 2. I can get the wide angle 0.5 camera to record videos though. Panorama photos on 0.5 works as well.

does anyone know how to fix it yet?

Haven’t had this issue but I have had concerns with the image processing of photos taken using macro mode after updating - I think the image sums up the issue (blotches all over the image)

Dev beta 7...still having black camera screen issue. Anyone else? Tried flashing new IPSW to no avail.

Is it still present in the latest build, public beta 6?

Still an issue as of the latest update today. Ugh. Is Apple just not aware of this? It doesn’t seem to be that well known of a problem.

Has anyone checked if they have an issue on their 13 pro models with macro photos? Seems to be an issues with all betas and hasn’t been fixed. Macro photos aren’t properly processed and get serious pixel blotches/marks on the image which ruins them. Only happens in macro mode and on default camera app (see image below where I have taken a screenshot of the photo and circled the issue).

Does this issue happen on the public beta as well?

Same here when I switched to the bata at first everything worked fine, minus a few freezing apps but then the last bata update came out, and now just my front-facing camera doesn’t work. Then the rear is fine. This just happened I think 2 days ago. It’s very inconvenient, then when I took it to apple. They said they wanted to send my phone in for 5-7 days cause they have no idea what was wrong.

I have the same issue with my iPhone XR.

The rear camera and flashlight stopped working after I think 3rd or 4th developer beta.

I hypothesize that this might be one of the reasons Apple ganged up on the third-party websites that were distributing developer beta profiles because someone missed this bug that's bricking the camera and they released it to the public. People like me, unfortunately, downloaded the firmware before they could've fixed it.

Considering the fact that going back to iOS 15 doesn't resolve the issue and that Public Beta RC didn't fix the issue, I think the issue of this magnitude would result in many people losing their rear camera and having to pay for the repair.

I confirm that updating to GM doesn't resolve the issue. I've reported it to Apple devs via feedback app, please do the same, linking this thread.

when my Updated my dad’s iphone X to ios 16 the camera doesn’t work at all at 1x zoom. flash light also doesn’t work.

camera only works at 2x zoom front facing camera works

Dear Apple, I have uploaded ios 16 But after my front camera doesn’t work i want to know do you fix that problem future

Hello Apple, since I updated my 13 pro max to ios16 beta and the latest ios16 my back camera don’t work, it’s shows black. It seems this issues is been ignored for since the release of ios16.

Same problem! Updated my XS Max to iOS 16 today and now my front camera isn’t working. It goes blurry and even my on screen buttons don’t work. When is Apple going to fix this problem?

I kind of have the same issue, the main camera of my iPhone 12 pro max had shattered, therefore my flashlight and main camera doesn’t work, however the zoom cameras on the regular camera app, and the selfie camera on all apps work. But when I updated to ios 16 none of these work, all cameras have gone black. Anyone know if apple are aware of this?

Camera not working on iOS16

Q