Camera not working on iOS16

I installed the iOS16 beta to test the new features and everything works well except the camera, which when I access it the screen is completely black. Initially I upgraded from iOS15, after restarting, turning off/on, I tried to restore the iPhone in different ways (from the Mac and from the iPhone) without solving the problem.

I also tried to restore to iOS15 to rule out a hardware problem and here the camera worked correctly, so I upgraded back to iOS16 and it stopped working.

The camera does not work in any application, in the Camera, in iMessage, Halide, Instagram, WhatsApp,... The controls and buttons of the camera app do work, but it doesn't take the photo or see anything.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of xtianp87 Down vote post of xtianp87
24k views
  • does anyone know how to fix it yet?

• when my Updated my dad’s iphone X to ios 16 the camera doesn’t work at all at 1x zoom. flash light also doesn’t work.

camera only works at 2x zoom front facing camera works

• same here. i updated ios16.2 and till now i can’t access my x0.5 in my camera

Replies

same issue: camera and flashlight don't work. iPhone 8 ios 16.0 (20A362)

updated: ios 16.3 fixed it

Add a Comment

Today I transfered the contents / settings from my iPhone 13 (iOS 16.0.3) to my new iPhone 13pro. After the transfer I have tried the camera, but both camera show black picture. The front camera works sporadically, after a long waiting. iOS 16.0.3 is installed on the iPhone 13pro.

Anyone an idea how to solve it? Is it again a bug inside of the Bugfix version 16.0.3?

Please help me! Thx

Seriously ? I have the same issue on stable iOS 16.1 😅

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

Any updates? I have restored my iphone 13 pro max through recovery mode.

But it did not help. I'm thinking about going to service center because my camera doesn't work about a month

i got same issue on my XS, begun i update from ios 15 to 16 my front camera cannot use, and laggy or some times black on back camera, until 16.1 only back camera improve, sometime still black, but front camera still cant use, very annoying

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of 9090 Down vote reply of 9090

Same, I installed 16.2 last night and my Face ID has been working but the camera is blank.

i can’t see the video option for my camera

Is the same in here, camera doesn’t work.

Im having the same issues and no one is willing to fix it they just want us to send it to them for “repair” for 400 something dollars. I’m not doing that if there’s nothing wrong with my hardware. APPLE FIX THIS!!!!!!!

Same Problem! updated iOS 16.3 im Not able to focus letters or documents, Camera is not focusing near objets, there are blurred. Apple Please! HELP solving this issue urgently.

Thanks

Hi I’m using IPhone 12 and updated to IOS16.03. Few days after my back camera cannot function and it’s totally black out . However my front camera is working fine. I have contacted customer service they did help me run diagnosis report and shown it’s hardware issue .I wonder many people here are facing same kind of issue , does it consider hardware issue ? Please don’t blame the responsibility to the user who bought your phone .

iOS 16.4 on my IPhone 13 pro max and my back Camera and flashlight doesn’t work. How to fix it?

• Hi! Have you fixed it yet?

• Hi, Is it fixed? If yes, how did you get it fixed?

Add a Comment

thank you apple for a NOT WORKING CAMERA! can not believe how much you ignore your customers. ANDROID just called. ciao!

• is anyone can solve this issue? my iphone x after i updated in to 16.7.2 the camera go blank. pls help

Add a Comment