Game Center Permission Incorrectly Added To Provisioning Profile By XCode

Hi,

I'm using XCode 13.4.1, but this issue originally started occurring in XCode 13.4.

The iOS app I'm working on uses XCode automatic signing for its provisioning profile and within the past couple of days has started including Game Center in its listed capabilities. This is causing failures when I attempt to upload builds of the app to the store, as our app does not and should not support Game Center.

I have never added Game Center as a capability in the Signing & Capabilities section of XCode, it is not ticked as a capability on the Apple Developer Portal and it is not included in my entitlements file.

Stuff I've tried to fix this:

• Adding/removing Game Center from Development Portal & in XCode, then re-generating provisioning profile.
  • Updating from XCode 13.4 to 13.4.1.
  • Closing XCode, deleting all installed provisioning profiles from Library and re-opening.

No joy so far. Anyone got any advice for how to resolve?

Thanks

Replies

Are you comfortable sharing your App ID here? If so, please post it and I’ll take a quick look. If not, my advice is that you escalate this to the Apple Developer website folks via the Apple > Developer > Contact Us page.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks Quinn.

I can't post my bundle ID here, but I think I've identified the root of the problem. We're using Fastlane to set the app up on the developer portal, and it seems as though it has recently started automatically enabling Game Center as one of it's capabilities whenever an app is created. We've now found that disabling it before we submit is allowing submissions to go through successfully, though that wasn't working a couple of days ago.

If anyone else stumbles across this problem, it's being discussed as a Fastlane issue here: https://github.com/fastlane/fastlane/issues/20366

Appreciate your offer of help.

Cheers

• Thanks for closing the loop here.

Add a Comment